Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring in fuel pump

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
The fule pump in my vk calias is rooted and its been running on gas for a long time now. I was thinking of just hooking up the standard rx4 electic pump I have sitting in the garage instead of trying to find a vk intank pump. Thinking that i can just mount it under the car where the strap is for the tank. How can i wire it up? Can i just use the old wires? Whitch ones are for the sender and whitch are for the pump? Can i just put the wires strait on or do I need a relay or something ?

RVK 355

M0DERAT0R
Reaction score
Members Ride
The real R series 355
as said before if its either a 5L or EFI 202 the wirring should be already there (purpe and black wire) the efi 202s didnt have a intank pump, they had a out tank pump located in front of the fuel tank near the pick up behind the pan hard rod

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
V8 Fuel Pumps

ported said:
Also what fuel presure do quadrajets like.
I was gunna replace my V8 Calais Fuel Pump because the tank had small black plastic pieces inside it which I thought were pieces of my Fuel Pump.I was quoted $70-$90 for 1 from the wreckers.It turned out to be pieces of old Fuel Caps that had broken off & had probly been in the tank since Christ played full-back for Jeruslem but I took them out anyway.I relapced my old Fuel pump with a new rubber O ring & put it all back after a lick of paint.I dunno if any other pump would/could draw enuf juice to a 4barrel, bearing in mind that they run 2 pumps together.As 4 your other idea I'd just slap an old standard VK Tank Sender in it so your gauge would work, but agen that's an unknown area...

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
308vkcalais said:
I was gunna replace my V8 Calais Fuel Pump because the tank had small black plastic pieces inside it which I thought were pieces of my Fuel Pump.I was quoted $70-$90 for 1 from the wreckers.It turned out to be pieces of old Fuel Caps that had broken off & had probly been in the tank since Christ played full-back for Jeruslem but I took them out anyway.I relapced my old Fuel pump with a new rubber O ring & put it all back after a lick of paint.I dunno if any other pump would/could draw enuf juice to a 4barrel, bearing in mind that they run 2 pumps together.As 4 your other idea I'd just slap an old standard VK Tank Sender in it so your gauge would work, but agen that's an unknown area...
I dont have a problem with the sender just the pump that doesnt work. The rx4 pupm i have should deliver heaps of fuel as it supplyed enuogh to run the 13b bridgy that would use twice as much as the 308. What do you mean theyu run 2 pumps together? Where is the other one suposed to be?

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
The black 308's run the old mechanically drawn Fuel Pump on the side of the engine block in conjunction with the internal tank pump.

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
RVK 355 said:
What type of pump is it that you want to use, i think from memory quaddys dont like more then 5psi
Sounds sweet then i was using it to power a ida webber whitch are bout the same they like around 4psi but alot of flow. The pump is actually a facet whitch i can only assume is the standard pupm out of an rx4