Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring manual and fans

Mo3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
hi on my vy it gets over heated because the engine cooling fan is not working when i turn on the A/C the fan for that works but the other one does not. power is still coming to the fan that is not working because when i turn on the ac the ac fan works and when i turn it off the engine cooling fan that does not work just spins once and then stops my dad is a mechanic and he said its probably the switch and that is why i need the wiring diagram for it because we could not find the switch PLEASE HELP :)

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, they have a switched earth.
It is switched by the ecu.
A way to switch it is find the relay and run a wire from the earth terminal(pin 85 from memory) in the relay housing to a switch then earth the other side of the switch.

Cheers Shane

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
It could be your coolant temp sensor as this appears to "act" as a switch for that fan if all conditions are met. The fan is controlled by the PCM.

Attachments

• coolingfan.jpg
    coolingfan.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 452

Mo3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
fanks anyways guys it was teh stupid radiator dad took it for a drive again and saw that it was leaking got new radiator and everything fine now thanks :)