Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring problems with my new sound system!

jgall91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Commodore Series II
i got a 2002 vx commodore series 2, just replaced stock stereo with 7'' touch screen stereo and subs etc speakers amp etx work fine its just the ariel now will not come up when stereo is turned on ? i need like a wiring diagram to help me out , i wired it manually , cut plug off and done it all meself , normally a wizz at things like this but things didnt go to plan this time round. any help would be much appreciated

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

why wont people be lazy for fs anyway i did similar not long ago bought an ISO connector off ebay all works one plug

but future reference now i guess!~

basically if you have cut the plugs off i cant tell you which pin it is so........
your stereo should have an "electric aerial/antenna" wire labelled out the back of it?

attach one end of a test light to this wire (touching wire duh)
ign on AND stereo on
start probing the wirning with the other end of test light
(led one fine and led one wont fry other LIGHT circuits in that harness e.g. stereo cntrls blah blah blah)
until the aerial goes up :idea3:
(will take a 2 second signal with a single led test light to start aerial moving)
once found CONNECT IT (DUH)

this without connectors in car is only way i can think of directly finding the correct wire that need the small amperage power signal to operate switch unit for aerial

good luck!~

Joesf.Gil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've also never done the patch test thingy which probably does make me stupid lol cause i guess i could one day have a reaction that could have been avoided so even tho I don't do it I would definately make sure you do the test.

Alexanderstar vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-pack Commodore
hay iv got a 2001 vx s-pack commodore and when i went to wire up my 6x9s into the rear door speaker wires i say that there were about 50 different wires going into each rear door all bundled up. so my question is which wires are the speaker wires and which ones are negative and positive and how hard is it to actually got into the wires
(i am willing to lose the rear speakers completely so that my 6x9s cand work in the parcel shelf)
(i have checked heaps of other threads and links on the net but nothing is exactly simple to follow and lead me down a dead end so any help will be grate)