Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring problems????

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
i put a new amp in my car the other day for my sub and when i turn it up it sends a thud through my sub every couple of seconds it repeats??? i went to the local car audio shop and explained to them what it was doing and the guy told me it is a wiring problem does anyone know where i should start looking please! it's really giving me the shits cause i still have no sub i have it disconnected now so i don't hurt anything till i sort it out??

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
start with rca's make sure they are plugged in properly. Check the power feed and that its earthing well. if its all sweet then check if you've bridged the amp wiring properly ... what channel /wattage amp is it?

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
it's a JVC 2 channel 60watt RMS!and also it does it weather it's bridged or not! if that helps any!!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
What, the guy at the car audio place told you its a wiring problem, but didnt say anything else about it? Or did you just ask him without him lookign at the car?

Just check all your connections, but it is pretty wierd that its repeating itself regularly