Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Problems!!!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I can read it, but it annoys people, and when you're looking for someone to answer your question, its a good idea to make it easy to read. I couldnt be stuffed reading your original post because it was irritating, and theres probably a few others too

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Here is the way EVERY wire on your deck should be wired to the CAR..if it isn't pull it out bend over and kiss your arse and headunit goodbye....

Accesories - Yellow
Constant - Orange/White
Illumination - Brown/White
Earth - Black/White
12V OUTPUT - Yellow/Red
Radio Mute - Yellow/Black (VT onwards)
Antenna up - White (VR onwards)
Antenna down - Blue (VR onwards)
Illumination OUTPUT - Grey (VT onwards)

Speakers
Front Left (+) - Tan
Front Left (-) - Grey
Front Right (+) - Light/Green
Front Right (-) - Dark/Green
Rear Left (+) - Brown/Black
Rear Left (-) - Yellow/Blue
Rear Right (+) - Blue/Orange
Rear Right (-) - Blue/Black

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
sure it wouldnt do too much damage if the left and right were mixed up :p

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
G'Morning People,
Answering *Vn6pwr,maybe it does take longer to type but seeing i've been typing that way for a while,it's a habit thing and i don't really notice....
Also regards *semi usually i'd be my stubborn self and take no advice,anyway i'll stick to the rule of thumb language so it's readable.
Regards 12Voltking,i'll list as i've got H/U wired at the moment,without listing speaker wires as that's no prob,also it's working no problems but i suppose i'm stuck with the electric aerial staying up when i turn on h/u and staying up when i play a cd?

Headunit___________________________________________Vt Loom

+12V Accesories - Red______________________________Accesories - Yellow

+12V Back Up - Yellow______________________________Constant -Mines *Orange/Black

Dimmer - Purple____________________________________Illumination -Brown/White

Earth - Black______________________________________Earth - Black/White

Antenna On - Blue__________________________________12V OUTPUT - Yellow/Red

Radio mute n/a no provision....,antenna up/down n/a i don't have on h/u or my loom.....,illumination output n/a no provision as theres only 1 illumination wire on h/u.......Also my brake wire on h/u,it's split into two,i know one goes to handbrake,but the other,do you just ground or earth this wire?I have just grounded this wire for the time being until everythings in place..

12Voltking if theres a problem you can see with the way i have it wired at moment please let me know,your wisdom would be muchos gratos:thumbsup:

Last edited:

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
The only wire on the car side that switches off is the interior light, doubtfull that could have been used, more likely the unit is faulty.

Wiring is made simpler by getting a ready made plug setup, the colour codes are accurate, at least the VS I put a Kenwood + stacker into was, the ready made plug makes it heaps simpler, that aside one would think a Eurovox "should" just have the female socket on the rear ready for the car's stock male plug.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
both brake wires should be going to the handbrake. Other then that I don't really for see any issues so I don't know why the HU is switching off.

My first thing to try would be to not use the cars earth wire. Find a more suitable earth point... (hint: the chassis of the cd player)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
After a re-read, Tthe dimmer and antenna don't really need to be connected, having +ve acc power going back into the HU may be overloading it and shutting it off, from what I figure the antenna unit draws power from the HU wire not the other way round, it's possibly the fault.
Remove those and have another go.

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi,Yellow/Red went to antenna etc etc...Works fine now but i suppose i have to put up with the antenna staying up when i turn on h/u...

Regards to 12Voltking,my last couple of responses i said the h/u was now working and posted up how i had wired it...and gathering from your response you see no problem with the way it's wired,thanks...Anyhow,is there anyway i can stop the electric aerial coming up when a cd/dvd is on or is that a minor annoyance i have to put up with?
Cheers

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
After a re-read, Tthe dimmer and antenna don't really need to be connected, having +ve acc power going back into the HU may be overloading it and shutting it off, from what I figure the antenna unit draws power from the HU wire not the other way round, it's possibly the fault.
Remove those and have another go.

Hi digisol,
Units working fine except the minor annoyance of electric antenna staying up when i have cd/dvd on...
Cheers