Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Problems!!!

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi,
I'm In The Process Of Hooking Up A Eurovox Dvd Player In My Vt..It Plays For A Couple Of Minutes Then Switches Off...Has Any1 Else Installed One?
Also Is It Neccessary To Have The Dimmer Wires Hooked Up?Do I Have To Have Antenna Wire Hooked Up(Currently Hooked Up To Acc Wire)...I Currently Have 1 Dimmer Wire Comming Off H/U(As I Only Have One) And Have Hooked Up The (Brown/White Dimmer Wire Off Loom)...Also I Have Hooked Up As Follows:
+12v Acc-(Currently Connected To Orange/Black(Battery Wire On Loom)Because It Works..
+12v Back-Up To Yellow/Red(Constant On Loom)
Antenna On I've Hooked Up To Acc Wire(Yellow) ...

Any Suggestions On What I'm Doing Wrong Would Be Much Appreciated,Or Fixing This Prob,Cheers:bang:

jds303

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS EXEC S2
security code?

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
I Thought You Were Onto Something There But Going By The Manual There Is No Security Code,Still At A Loss As To Why It Switches Off.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
The antenna wire I don't think should be connected to the acc wire. The 12v acc should be connected to the acc, so it turns on when the ignition is on, and turns of when the ignition is off. And the antenna wire should be connected to the electric antenna, or to ur amp/s. The antenna wire sends a signal to it's destination to let it know that the cd player is on, if it goes to ur elec antenna then it tells the antenna to go up, if it goes to ur amp then it tells ur amp to power up.

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi VHpirie,
The Acc Wire I Have Connected To The Acc Wire On The Loom But It Won't Work So I've Stuck To The Current Combo(Because It Works But I Need To Play Around A Bit More To Get The Right Combo)...As For The Antenna Wire,I Have A 99' Mod Vt And Theres No Antenna Wire On The Loom For The Antenna On Wire I Have Coming Off The Unit...So Seeing There's No Provision For Antenna Wire I Thought I'd Hooked This Up To The Acc Wire On Loom,Acc Wire Off Head Unit I Have Connected To The Battery And The Back-up Wire Off H/U I've Connected To The Constant Wire On Loom.... Anyway Maybe I Should Contact Eurovox,See If They Have A Solution Seeing There Only Down The Road From Me,Thanks For Your Response,Cheers:thumbsup:

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi,
Another question,is the yellow/red wire on vt loom for constant or antenna?...as on this site,the vt wiring diagram says yellow/red is constant but i've downloaded a eurovox wiring diagram and they say the yellow/red is antenna+12v wire?I own a 99' supercharged vt series 1 and have no antenna wires(up/down)so maybe i should hook-up this wire to antenna on rather than acc wire?.

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi,Yellow/Red went to antenna etc etc...Works fine now but i suppose i have to put up with the antenna staying up when i turn on h/u...

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Please dont capitalise the first letter or EVERY word, it makes it very difficult to read, not to mention being terrible grammar. Capital letters are for proper nouns and the first letter of a sentence.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Please dont capitalise the first letter or EVERY word, it makes it very difficult to read, not to mention being terrible grammar. Capital letters are for proper nouns and the first letter of a sentence.

that and time consuming

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Guyz really Does it Matter?Can't you Read what I'm Typing?I thought I'd left All that School crap Behind years Ago...Also if It's time Comsuming,isn't That my Problem not Yours!Anyway,enjoy Your day,I will:thumbsup: