Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Sat Nav cable through dash on VX Berlina 2003

paulie72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hi,

This is my first post here so hopefully it is in the right place and sorry it if is not.

I have just purchased a GPS system for my VX Berlina Series II and want to mount it without having the cable just hanging across the dash as it just looks plain ugly. Does anyone know how to wire up the system by somehow going behind or through the top of the dash into a 12volt connection somewhere. I know this sounds fairly general, but not sure what else to say. I thought about drilling a hole into the dash on top and somehow hooking the wire into the fuse box or something. (I have not looked at this to see if it is viable or not). I have looked at some posts where they completely remove the dash (for replacing LED's), but not sure if that is completely necessary or not.

Is someone able to help or show any pics of how they did it maybe?

Thanks a lot.

Paul

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
possible to pull the cord thru the demister vents then out of them somewhere into a 12v?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
^^ That's what I'd be doing if I was in your position, demister vents all the way down. Thought about doing it myself, but massive case of CBF'd.

Other option is to mount it where dealers did with Sat Nav option. Remove the pocket under the radio, mount it there and get the surround for it. Depends on how often you want to take it out and how much work you want to do though.

paulie72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at the vent option and see how easy it is going to be. If I can do it, I will post a pic.

Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Instead of hard wiring it, get a cig lighter socket and hard wire that behind the dash, then just plug the sat nav into it and tape it up a bit. That way when it comes time to either upgrade or remove it, you will still have a usable power cable.

paulie72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Instead of hard wiring it, get a cig lighter socket and hard wire that behind the dash, then just plug the sat nav into it and tape it up a bit. That way when it comes time to either upgrade or remove it, you will still have a usable power cable.

Yeah that is also a good idea. I just need to work out how to get down the vent shaft. Looks like fun. I am sure I am going to hear something snap along the way with a WTF was that following straight after.

Cheers