Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Subwoofer to Amp

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
my brother and I have discussed it, and were gonna let Autobarn themself install it, that way if anything gets fcuked up, then it's thier liability.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
tr3nt said:
my brother and I have discussed it, and were gonna let Autobarn themself install it, that way if anything gets fcuked up, then it's thier liability.
Thats a very good idea. I have something worked out for ya, but no offence, I think even you would say, nah....because on your own it may not make 100% sence.

I am trying to get there with a diagram, but I am doing my wagon, my wifes echo and someone elses VR, but using ppleta as the template. It's them I am going to use for the pics well the echo actually :D, its flukey you happen to have Clarion :D

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, drawing a diagram could still be of use, cause im not 110% sure to have it installed pro, and if so, it'll still be a few weeks.

its flukey you happen to have Clarion
in my opinion Clarion is the best in speakers, then comes Pioneer. I may be wrong, but thats just my opinion.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
tr3nt said:
Yeah, drawing a diagram could still be of use, cause im not 110% sure to have it installed pro, and if so, it'll still be a few weeks.

in my opinion Clarion is the best in speakers, then comes Pioneer. I may be wrong, but thats just my opinion.
I know this will sound BIASED, but trust me it's not. I have started to hear things I never heard in songs before, like double bass beats I never noticed existed etc.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
double bass beats?? thats new to me also. The only reason I think Clarion is the better, is I walked into JB Hifi, had a preview of thier Pioneer 800W and the dude slightly cranked it - must admit, the bass was alright, but muddy, it also started distorting very early.

I walked into Autobarn and heard the Clarion 600W (DVC) and it didn't distort hardly as much, and was very clear with the bass.

but, as I said, my opinion is just that.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
tr3nt said:
double bass beats??
I play drums, bass and a guitar....... double bass drum kick. I was listening to a song the other day as mp3's in the car and heard an extra kick in the bass drum that I hadn't heard before. It sounded more like an echo of the original bass kick.

I know why Autobarn told you what they have and yes I would go with whatever they tell ya, if they are like the one i deal with all the time. I think they will be or rather be thinking 2 ohm's etc, so yeah then gives ya enuff oomph to drive ya woofer well. If it the amp was the 400 2 chan, then it would be able to have gotten the full 200 nominal watts just as a 4 ohm load, seeing as its the lower powered 2 chan amp the only way to get it to the 400 watts nominal amps = wattage is to apply less resistance (2ohms) to it.

Last edited:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I know why Autobarn told you what they have and yes I would go with whatever they tell ya, if they are like the one i deal with all the time. I think they will be or rather be thinking 2 ohm's etc, so yeah then gives ya enuff oomph to drive ya woofer well. If it the amp was the 400 2 chan, then it would be able to have gotten the full 200 nominal watts just as a 4 ohm load.
I really do hate to sound like a knob.. but that means nothing to me.

I play drums, bass and a guitar....... double bass drum kick. I was listening to a song the other day as mp3's in the car and heard an extra kick in the bass drum that I hadn't heard before. It sounded more like an echo of the original bass kick.
Ah.. Ok, fair enough.

in regard to the first quote - I hate to sound like an idiot, but I am really a newb to car sound.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
you 2 have never heard eclispe alpine or fusion have you??

those 3 would kick the **** out of clarion and pioneer.

clarion and pioneer are like home brands compered to the ones above.
no offence meant i like clarion but there is far better brands and better quality gear out there.

cheers

scott

p.s i have all fusion except the head deck (pioneer deh-2550) i have heard pioneer 6x9's and they are **** they are made cheap and sold more expensive then what they should be.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I hate to sound like a smart-ass and spark an argument, but Alpine and Fusion would have the **** kicked out of them by Clarion. (the particular Clarion sub I'm talking bout is the 12" Dual Voice Coil 600W)

And I definantly know the Pioneer 12" 800W wouldn't match it either, I've heard it myself.

As for Eclipse, I don't know, I've never heard of Eclipse car sound before.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
xstatic said:
you 2 have never heard eclispe alpine or fusion have you??

those 3 would kick the **** out of clarion and pioneer.
Yeah. Its quite ironic you mention the Alpine Brand. I couldn't justofy the extra cost of Alpine, it is what I told the dude who installs for Alpine. The Alpine Audi yes is a sweet bit of gear and if I didn't want to justify the extra $$ it costs. I would have said yeah Rick, go for it you got my car to do what ya want with it.

I have heard ALpine is this, it is that this that, rammed down my throat (Its good points and bad). I think I do know it is maybe better then Clarion, then again it may not be. I have to take the wagon up to show him anyway when its complete, after all I was taught by him.

I install Clarion and he installs Alpine, couldn't get better compared then that. ;)

Last edited: