Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WK Caprice Aerial operation

stewballs80

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
Morning All. Had a few issues with the electric aerial on the blaupunkt premium audio set up. Some times when the radio is turned on the aerial goes to a different height but you can hear the motor in the background trying to move it, as a result the buttons on the bottom lhs of the radio control for aerial height don't work all the time. aerial will not go up or down now.

Where do i start?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep i would say new antenna time, sorry to say.

Dont think its the wiring as you say you can hear the motor trying to extend the antenna, could be the motor itself (new antenna) or the masts' plastic gears (either new mast or antenna).

stewballs80

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice
where is the best place for an aerial

assuming i replace the aerial. i'm tipping holden is not going to be the cheapest. are these sorts of things available from autobarn - supercheap that sort of thing. and how on earth do you change them out?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Holden wont be the cheapest, from them your looking at $160 retail price. EDIT: This price is based on the standard electric aerial, WH's are different because of the set level i think? Not too sure on that one, i havnt' mucked around with adjustable aerials for a while. But thats' the price your looking at. JB usually has them at $80-100 for AERPRO ones.

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Hi there,

It sounds like the mast may be binding inside itself.... The only way to fix this is to replace the mast itself....
My opinion would be to take it to an expert and get them to replace the mast. Normally around the $50 mark installed depending on the place that you take it to.....

cheers

Simon