Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WK; somethings draining my battery. Need advise please.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Every now and then my car wont start. The battery is ok, its been tested (less then 2 years old). It happened a week or two ago but I wasnt driving for a month. But yesterday, I got home from work about 6:00pm and today I tried it start the car at 1pm and dead.

What is a common thing to look for when it comes to battery draining? I'm pretty sure that the stereo was turned off this time and I didnt see any lights left on in the car...

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
check there is nothing jammed under the power seats and its constantly on the go, if you feel the silver capacitor thing in the fuse box and its really hot then it could be that?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I'll check the seat next time. Last two days has been fine, no troubles.

/posted via mobile device\

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
^ What he said. Ive heard of a lot of cases where a faulty alarm/security system was draining someone's battery, so you may want to check that. If you have an amplifier installed make sure it is turning off when you turn off the car, there could be something wrong with the remote turn on which could cause it to stay on.

scarp57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina WK Stato
I've noticed that with the headlights on auto, they don't always switch off when you open the door & it's easy not to notice I leave it on manual now