Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WK Statesman Heater/Fan Issue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
Hi All,

Got a 03 WK Statesman.
The heater seems to have only either two operations that actually do something Off, or HIGH.
There is no inbetween (ie. Fan on 1,2,3).

Pressing the FAN up and down buttons adds an extra notch to the indicator on the central display, but things only actually start blowing when you press it a final time and it changes to HIGH.

Same for both hot and cold. There also seems to be alot of fan coming out even while the heater is set to off.

Where abouts would I start looking to rectify this?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
Some external reading suggests this is most likely to do with the Fan Motor/Resistor located behind the glove box.
Because the Statesman is equipped with Climate Control, I've heard that the resistor is slightly different, and likely has to be replaced rather than repaired. Is this correct? Would anyone happen to have a picture?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman WK 03 - LS1
After removing the glovebox and a small metal frame, I was able to remove the Fan Resistor.
The small metal tab had unsoldered off due to heat. Resoldered this, heaters now working fine.
Have attached a picture :)

6QxRhYi.jpg

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Top stuff. Love that you just cracked on and sorted the issue with a pic. Thumbs up!

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Great! I think I'll pull mine out and have another look, but from memory I think mine was a bit different to that one! :(