Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wl caprice aftermarket stero install issue

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by Michael_Wl caprice, Jul 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

1. Michael_Wl caprice

Michael_Wl caprice New Member

Members Ride:
    WL caprice
    Hi guys and girls. I have recently purchased a wl caprice. And decided the stock stero just wasnt cut out for me. I would rather the option to play usb aux bluetooth all that fun stuff. So upon purchasing an aftermarket head unit i have ran into a problem. I cant seem to get any sound to play. While the head unit is working and shows the track playing there is no sound. I asume this is because of the factory amplifier that comes with the caprice? I was told to connect the blue wires to the red power and bridge that connection to make the stock amp turn on ive done that and nothing changed.. has anyone had similar issues? I was considering re wiring all the speakers directly to a new unit and by passing the amp and original factory plugs so the option is there to go back to original if i wanted to. Would also mean i wouldnt have to find and splice the original wires.

Thanx in advance for any advice

2. statey1975

statey1975 Member

Members Ride:
    WK Statesman
    Did they happen to sell you a wiring harness kit as well? saves having to splice into anything. With one of those, I didn't have to splice into anything....

Also bear in mind that these things have like 10-12 speakers so if you wire direct from the head unit to the speakers you'll lose the use of like 6 speakers (including the subs in the rear parcel shelf)

3. lout

lout Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VX Executive S2