Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wl caprice aftermarket stero install issue

MRCAPRICE03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice—e3 r8 maloo
I tried probing the amp trying to find the trigger wire but no luck yet

MRCAPRICE03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice—e3 r8 maloo
Yeah thats what i got out of all that but it still dont tell me which is remote wire for amp in factory harness or if it will even work other than laying out my own wiring with new amp. Main +&- are easy but remote/trigger i cant find

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
It's possible that being a factory amp, the head unit may not control it. It might be controlled by the bcm or something....

MRCAPRICE03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wk caprice—e3 r8 maloo
Thats true, I was planning to bypass it anyway but thought there may be anway to power it

jongo1981

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive S2 wagon
The factory amp isn't that bad really, I just got one of those Aeropro adapters when I put my Alpine unit in my WK.

There are actually two antennas in the car, the one you can see and another one in the rear window I think. It's supposed to help reception. I believe you can just buy adapters to connect the two plugs into one input.
Hi mate so you got the plug and play and no issues mate.

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
There are actually two antennas in the car, the one you can see and another one in the rear window I think. It's supposed to help reception. I believe you can just buy adapters to connect the two plugs into one input.

I've been trying to find one of these adaptors to run the two antenna for years, never found one unfortunately. If anyone has seen one for sale, please let me know.