Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Caprice gearbox

beauby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V
hi guys do you know if it s commmon for the 5sp geabox out of these things is common to die because my second one has just gone and at the qouted price of $3500 this time i have decided and bought a smashed vz calais for the gear box this time it will work out to be a cheaper option by the time i sell some gear out of it. but does anyone know if it is common for these 5sp gearboxs to stuff up? thanks

Moey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009, VE SV6 2010
Haven't heard of many problems, but 2 in a row sounds bad. What actually is happening?

beauby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V
apperently the clutches in it are going or something but there not worth reparing the bloke has said. so what happens when you drived in between 2nd and 3rd the car revs almost to redline in between changes

Moey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009, VE SV6 2010
Was that due to poor servicing? The 4 Speed autos are almost bulletproof, would've expected the same from the 5 speed. Would a VE 5 Speed auto have been better?

beauby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V
well one gearbox was only in for 25,000ks and theother about 70,000 i havnt owned the car its whole life, ( i bought it smashed thats why i didint hesitate changing the gearbox the first time although it wasnt hit in the front) the car is always servised at our local holden dealership. must just be once only thing ( as long as it doesnt happen again lol)