Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Center locking System

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
We All know that Commodores doesn’t have The Lock & Unlock button, but the newer ones had, I have A WL and I’m totally confused how Center lock system works like if i want to lock or Unlock The all doors while driving how am I supposed to do it?, it unlocks When i pull up the Lock knob But when i press it down it won’t lock all doors, is this a fault or i don’t know how to lock it again?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
If you have 2 stage locking turned on in the dash, the remote will lock all doors but only unlock the drivers door unless you hold the unlock button. On the door snib, locking should lock all, unlocking should unlock all. You can also turn on autolock in drive in the dash settings.

You can also buy a lock and unlock button for a GTO and follow online intructions on wiring to the BCM but this doesn't operate any different or better than the door snib.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
If none of this is working as decribed then you may have a fault, the drivers door lock and actuator more or less sends the signal to the BCM to unlock the rest of the doors

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
If none of this is working as decribed then you may have a fault, the drivers door lock and actuator more or less sends the signal to the BCM to unlock the rest of the doors
I’ll replace My actuators because only the front passenger door actuator works fine and all of them are just make sound but doesn’t Pull the knob then I’ll try to Lock and unlock it with the snib maybe that’s the reason it’s not Unlocking or locking

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Yes, often they sound like they work but are too weak to operate. They are common replacement in Australia