Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL statesman alloytec electrical issues

Jobsy91

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
Hey guys,
Am wanting to pick someone’s brain on this issue.
I have a WL v6 statesman which no longer seems to have power won’t turn over reverse light stays on and central locking does not work.

problem started with it not starting changed battery worked for a while then not starting again.

bridged starter and it started so figured it was the lead to the starter.
Then the next time I went to start it nothing no power on dash radio works no central locking and reverse lights stay on. I checked all fuses and relays all good. The mechanic that diagnosed it has said i need to replace ecu immobilizer and the key.

just wondering if someone has seen this before for a second opinion

thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The cost of diagnosing v buying a computer and key head set. i'd swap them over and hopefully its fixed.
If not, you know the problem is not the ECU ect and you dodged a bullet.

If you had some diagnostic tools, you could nut it out without having to do any swaps. Of course, that won't be available so swapping with a second hand set makes it an affordable option.

At worst, you inherit some other issue relating to what the previous car had, but that's better than your current situation.

At best, the car sings and you smile.

Swapping the computers is a 15-30 min job and is easier than ya best mates cousin.

Last edited: