Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Statesman - Interior Lights voltage both sides of globe

wilbur085

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Statesman
Hi all,

Long time browser - first time poster. I have achieved a great deal of fixes through this forum over the years, but have finally been stumped, so hopefully someone can give me some advice. Apologies if there is already a thread about this, but I have searched for ages and could not find the same thing.

I have purchased a WL Stato V6 for the olds, but the interior lights are playing up on me.

I cannot get any of the lights to come on when set on Door-mode. The headlining lights all work manually.

I have checked all the door switches - working.
I have ensured the light sensor in the dash not seeing any light.
I have factory-reset the BCM and started from scratch, tried changing the on-times to different settings - no luck.
(all info from justcommodores - thanks!)

When switching from door/on/off in the roof I can hear the relay clicking in the fuse box. I can also hear this when the driver's side door switch is activated. I couldn't hear this on the back door switches, but haven't tried front passenger.

I am up to removing all the globes and door switches and replacing one-by-one to identify where the cause is, but this next part has really thrown me. Working on the door light, when the door is open and globe removed I get 12v on BOTH sides of the globe tabs. This doesn't seem right to me?

The car is really tidy and this is the only component that is not working properly.

Any advise / help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Will.