Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM 2006 Caprice Suspension

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
G'day fellas,
Brought me self a 2006 Holden Caprice, and bloke before me has lowered read of vehicle.
I need to increase the height, however just want to get second hand springs to do thiss...
Curious to whether springs from a VE commodore would do the trick?
Is there more to it then just springs?

Cheers

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
The rear springs for a Caprice are different to a Commodore. New standard springs for a Caprice (Holden part #92167841, $86.50 trade price) and for a Commodore Omega or Berlina (Holden part # 92261935, $81.98 trade price). I can't say whether the difference is in the height or the actual spring rating.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
You reckon I can use VE springs? WHere would I find there 86$ springs

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Not sure of the height difference between the WM and VE springs. Certainly the ride and handling could be compromised by using the VE springs. The prices shown are the trade prices per spring (new) from a Holden dealer. You would have to add the mark up and GST to that if buying retail.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Going to get springs replaced todayy , Mechanic is telling me that shocks may also need replacing? He wants $120 per shock ...
As I am low on cash, I only want to really grab the springs.. What will happen if i keep using the shocks that are in it, with new springs ?

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Pity about your cash situation. The rear shock absorbers have to be removed to replace the springs. It would be ideal, and cheaper for labour in the long run, if they could be done at the same time. If the shock absorbers haven't been already replaced in a 2006 vehicle, they would almost certainly be worn out by now. How many kms has it done?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What will happen if i keep using the shocks that are in it,

Are the shocks that are in it now suited to the lowered springs ? If it was done properly previously then they should be.

If that is the case, they won't be suitable with stock height springs.

keithy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Holden Caprice 2006
Put new stock springs on the old shockies, however she is still not at standard height. Still finding myself scrapping over bumps etc..
However just recently brought new shockies any advice for the installation?
CHeers boys

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Put new stock springs on the old shockies, however she is still not at standard height. Still finding myself scrapping over bumps etc..
However just recently brought new shockies any advice for the installation?
CHeers boys
Your old springs must of sagged. Shock Absorbers, not gonna alter the vehicle height.