Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM 2007 Statesman V6 Curious happenings

WMagicman

Reaction score
Website
www.mcarbrokers.com.au
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Hi Guys,
I'm noticing with my WM 5 speed auto 5L40-E that i have to have my foot on the brake extra hard as it feels like the car wants to take off just shifting out of Park into Reverse and then to Drive, otherwise on the road the car drives beautifully and shifts smoothly by itself.

Actually, come to think of it i do occasionally hear a clunk that seems to be coming from the left rear suspension as well but it doesn't just happen when shifting out of Park, i also hear it when going over bumps but only every now and then.

I've also got an intermittent issue with power to the stereo & climate control ac, last few days when starting cold there is no power to the switches and the lcd screen on the head unit is dead, however, once the car warms up the switches light up again and the lcd returns to normal. I have the 230w Blaupunkt 11 speaker system; and the other night whilst driving on the motorway i was listening to the radio when the lcd screen went dark then lit up again a few times even though the audio was still coming through the speakers.

Any help would be great, cheers,
Andrew.

Meegan

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Hey mate did you end up finding out what the go was with the car wanting to move? i have just purchased a WM stato and if i hold the brake down and then take it off after starting it just wants to go but on the road its fine. it seems to only happen on the start up and it revs around 1 grand until it warms up i guess then it drops down?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
cant help with auto, maybe get it serviced, remove the screen on stereo, pulls off clean contacts and refit, have read/seen lots about the stereo issues on here