Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM 6lt Stato mayhem

John 1963

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6lt Statesman
Newby here hello all.
So discovered trans fluid in radiator, sorted that with a front mounted cooler and trans service flush, engine check light, ABS failure, Stability controll failure, Brake failure lights all showing and a beeping like a put your seat belt on alarm as well. Limp mode holds it in 1st gear. Have plugged in a code clearing gadget however the warnings all come back on after as well as loss of all intruments. Would the general consesis point to battery? Its going on 3 yrs old.
Any advice would certainly be appreciated.
Cheers.

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
The issues all point to the battery condition. Have it load tested at a battery supplier or auto parts store. Years ago I had the same problem. Fitted a high capacity battery (810CCA) and absolutely no problems since. The WM's (more so than the VE's) suck a lot of power due to all the standard accessories fitted.

John 1963

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6lt Statesman
The issues all point to the battery condition. Have it load tested at a battery supplier or auto parts store. Years ago I had the same problem. Fitted a high capacity battery (810CCA) and absolutely no problems since. The WM's (more so than the VE's) suck a lot of power due to all the standard accessories fitted.

John 1963

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6lt Statesman
Cheers for your reply Limo , my gut feeling was time for a new batt. Regards Johno. Perth.

Sstagg2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 WM Statesman L76 1999 Hsv Clubsport vt ls1
Cheers for your reply Limo , my gut feeling was time for a new batt. Regards Johno. Perth.
Bit of an old thread but did you get issues sorted and what battery did you use?