Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM caprice 2008 rear pump up shocks or airbags

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAZYDOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE V8
hi towing car trailer ,need to level my ride . anybody have any info on where to buy ? what types are there ? anybody selling a second hand rear system ? . got a v8 for towing but i chew up my tyres every time i use trailer . any other ideas ?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Balance the load on the trailer a bit better.

CRAZYDOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE V8
The trailer is front heavy ,even when empty . that's the trailer i've got , i have to work with it

CRAZYDOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE V8
its the biggest car trailer (16 foot) u can tow with car , it would be better if i had a 4x4 .i need to carry tools as well . so heavy all over . some sort of pump up is what i need but having trouble finding them for ve or wm with coils ,if i had leaf springs it would be easy

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
its the biggest car trailer (16 foot) u can tow with car , it would be better if i had a 4x4 .i need to carry tools as well . so heavy all over . some sort of pump up is what i need but having trouble finding them for ve or wm with coils ,if i had leaf springs it would be easy
Probably twisting your sub frame with that kind of wait, what's the car load / towing capacity, if you want to just get Pedder's to fit air bags inside your springs, I be more worried about vic roads and cops than your car tyres shredding.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Someone posted a link in a recent thread to what I think was a factory option air shock for VE.

CRAZYDOG

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE V8
Probably twisting your sub frame with that kind of wait, what's the car load / towing capacity, if you want to just get Pedder's to fit air bags inside your springs, I be more worried about vic roads and cops than your car tyres shredding.
so u dont floor ur vs or do burnouts . every time u accelerate u twist ur chassis .whats the point in being pessimistic , dont hate help . i have done alot of vs mods , i can help or criticise like you . whats your point , are u a cop

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I posted a link to the VF accessory instalation manual in a thread related to Holden's superlift shock absorbers. This manual describes the installation of such absorbers but i believe they are no longer available from Holden spare parts.

If i locate the link to the thread discussing these shock absorber, i'll add it here for completeness. Original credit for posting the link to the accessory manual goes to @scozz76's post where i found it ;)

Last edited:

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
No trying to be a pain, but is your towing capacity up to it? A 16 foot trailer would be 800kgs by itself, with a car on it could be just to heavy for your car. You will need big upgrades to a heaps of parts to tow 2.5 to 3 tonne in a sedan no matter the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.