Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm caprice 6L v8 headlights

David Harmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vyss
Thanks for that is it in the headlight or on the chassis and where to I get a new 1 from do you know

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Thanks for that is it in the headlight or on the chassis and where to I get a new 1 from do you know
It's mounted to the back of the headlight. Not sure if new genuine ones are readily available, but you can purchase an aftermarket set of hids which will fit and do the same job if you purchase quality replacements. Change both sides.

David Harmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vyss
It's mounted to the back of the headlight. Not sure if new genuine ones are readily available, but you can purchase an aftermarket set of hids which will fit and do the same job if you purchase quality replacements. Change both sides.
Thanks mate I have replaced both globes and they both work in the left hand side but not in the right hand side the globes are dis hid LEDs there maybe a problem with the cable that comes out of the head light it's self all other lights work except for the low beam on the right side

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If it's hid, it will be on the back of the headlight.
Actually, the ballast is on the underside of the headlamp assembly and can be seem in the pic pinched from the ballast link posted above.

A04.jpg

IIRC the hid globes are inserted from the rear of the headlamp assembly and plug into the ballast harness that may be internal to the assembly itself.

https://gtautoparts.com.au/product/holden-caprice-wm-wn-d1s-35w-low-beam-6000k-hid-xenon-lights/

Seems changing ballast and globes ain’t cheap :rolleyes:

David Harmon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vyss
Thanks for that I have ordered a copy on line for 30 bucks it's just a matter of noting what to order Thanks guys couldn't of done it without your help