Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Caprice Automatic Headlamp Leveling Failed

Reaction score
Members Ride
NOTHING
I have a 2010 Holden Caprice. I keep getting the error "Automatic Headlamp Levelling Failed". This warning flashes and beeps constantly while you are driving. What could be the cause of this issue? I have unplugged the battery to try and reset the system but this did not work. What should I do?

carcollector

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice, VZ SS Crewman, ZB Calais V,VE CalaisV
Im pretty sure that these use sensors on the front and rear sway bars to detect the car level when the ignition is turned on. Make sure that these sensors, and the wiring to them is not damaged.

Blissbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
I have a 2010 Holden Caprice. I keep getting the error "Automatic Headlamp Levelling Failed". This warning flashes and beeps constantly while you are driving. What could be the cause of this issue? I have unplugged the battery to try and reset the system but this did not work. What should I do?
I am having the same problem but mine was in accident and damaged the left front I had to replace all the front and left hand headlight and now it's coming up with the fault headlight leveling failed I don't know if I need to replace the sensor everything looks fine

tricky dicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice
I’m having the same problem with the AHL.
The left headlight assembly was removed to replace a damaged guard, the AHL was still working prior to the accident damage being repaired, but, after the repairs were done the AHL doesn’t work and the warning comes up all the time!
Any ideas??

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The factory HID has washers and headlight levellers as required by law and these must be functioning for your car to be roadworthy.

The VF levelling system system uses a headlamp control module that receives front and rear suspension height sensor signals and sends signals to left and right headlamp actuator motors. So if something isn’t working best to check for DTC fault codes as this would give you some hint as to what is occurring and where to look. Not sure how the VE and VF’s differ in this regard but may be they are similar (even though architecture has changed?). Don’t know of VE workshop manual but if interested in checking out the VF manual in this area it could be worth googling “VF’s workshop manual justcommodores”. You should find the thread which links to it ;)

But, if your car was in a crash and your insurance company fixed it, it’d be giving them a call and getting them to send it back to the repairer for rectification. After all insurance should fix all issues caused by the crash, not just paint and panel (and repairers should check all plugs are connected and systems working before they release the vehicle to their bosses client).

Last edited:

Bert246

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm Caprice l98
Hey guys, ran my car with the headlights removed and had the ahl code. Bought a vident scan tool and cleared it, fixed the issue. Also you can run the actuators and do tests/calibration. Might help you guys. Awesome scan tool for the price.