Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM caprice brake upgrade

Flajibajib

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM caprice
Hey guys,
Disclaimer - im very very new to holden modifications and have just recently gotten more into it. Please excuse the dumb questions.

So im just trying to personalise my car a bit, its a 2007 wm caprice v6 (yes i know but im on p's). Ive smacked new wheels on it (20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear) and i realise that the brakes look pathetic with all the new space and i wouldnt mind more stopping power either. My mate had a 2008 HSV E1 and his brake callipers and rotors and lying around and hes willing to give them to me for a really good price. I was wondering if it would work on mine. The clearance is no issue as ive measure id out and theres plenty of space, the main concern is will the caliper be able to mount? seeing its a much bigger caliper than the 300 mm stock ones (i think 370 or 360mm for the front rotors) and thus the caliper will be quite a bit further out and thus further away from the mounting holes.

Again I havent actually personally taken the calipers off before so this might just be a stupid topic to ask but yeah really unsure.
Also he lives interstate so i dont wanna travel all that way, bring them back and then find out it wont fit.
Thanks

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Hey mate, I had a 09 WM Caprice, V8 though, so I don’t know if they are identical brake wise to start with but I had a set of HSV Brakes fitted with no dramas.
Also I believe that an 08 HSV would be E1 mate.

Flajibajib

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM caprice
Hey mate, I had a 09 WM Caprice, V8 though, so I don’t know if they are identical brake wise to start with but I had a set of HSV Brakes fitted with no dramas.
Also I believe that an 08 HSV would be E1 mate.
Thanks heaps!!

Saito

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden WM Caprice
Hiya All, I have a 07 WM Caprice V8, and i am starting to look into eventually fitting a set of Brembo brake calipers, but i am not sure which would be the best fit for my caprice? So if anyone who has done a Brembo brake caliper upgrade i would love to hear what type you have fitted to your V8 Caprice? Also what are the difference with the different stock colours that Brembo Calipers are painted, as i am presuming Brembo is using the different colours to denote the difference between their different types of brake calipers?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hiya All, I have a 07 WM Caprice V8, and i am starting to look into eventually fitting a set of Brembo brake calipers, but i am not sure which would be the best fit for my caprice? So if anyone who has done a Brembo brake caliper upgrade i would love to hear what type you have fitted to your V8 Caprice? Also what are the difference with the different stock colours that Brembo Calipers are painted, as i am presuming Brembo is using the different colours to denote the difference between their different types of brake calipers?
The only choices you have are 6 pot front and 4 pot back or 4 pot front and back. The 4 pot front and rear are what you want unless you are going to do some serious racing. Get ceramic pads, dear but really worth while. The colour is normally red though some HSV use yellow. The colour has nothing to do with different types of Brembo brakes. Another option is the ARP brakes that HSV use.

Make sure that your wheels have the right offset for Brembo brakes. Some 18" wheels will clear and some 19" wont. The ARP brakes are smaller and 17" rims can be used. Someone who sells wheels might be able to help you with this matter.