Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Caprice SUB AND AMP help

h4ydos

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice S2
Hey guys, just got myself a new car and the bass is horrid that's the only thing about the sound that i don't like.

I Don't know a lot about audio but my old man does. He thinks we can take the audio from the stock subs and use that as my amps audio in.

In the back of my car i have the battery and 2 8" subs (STOCK). with the subs i can see the audio going in the speakers(i'v got a pic for what im talking about)

So what i was wondering is if i can get a sub and amp combo and basically just take the audio from the subs (stock ones) and feed that into the amp ?

here is the pic.

thanks in advanced.

cheers,
h4ydos.

Attachments

• 20130101_201446.jpg
    20130101_201446.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,749

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
as long as the amp has speaker line inputs then it should work

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
As above, make sure amp has speaker or "line in" inputs, also a lot of new amps have auto on and off meaning the signal through the speaker wires will automatically turn the amp on, and it shuts down 60 secs after last signal (as in a minute after the stereo turns off).
Saves running signal wires :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Some people have said swapping the + and - on the factory subs in the ve over makes them sound louder. I personally haven't tried it considering it costs nothing mightn't hurt to try and you may like the sound.

TrickyRicky08

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6.0
Changing the stock speakers was very beneficial in the doors. It improved the sound quite a bit and also made it a little louder. I think I’ll be putting in seperate subs and an amp for the bass.

Last edited: