Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM IQ DVD noise issues..

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
After doing the wagon I've upgraded the wm to IQ also... having couple strange things.

It's all in and programmed, running and working well...except for the DVD display from roof mount DVD player. Now the picture is displaying on head unit perfectly (when it works not sure if it's typical ve DVD player issue where it only works sometimes until you reset it) but there is a constant interference sound coming thru the speakers when on DVD mode, regardless of whether the car is running or not. Like a cycling interference you used to hear in old cars with aftermarket head units etc. Anyone have any ideas what could be the culprit? I've gone over the pinouts and double checked every wire and it's spot on ..it makes no sense to me where it would pickup noise as it displayed front and rear with the series one unit and no interference.

Cheers in advance!

Todd

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only thing that's been changed realistically is the series 2 adaptor video plug with reverse cam plug. I'm going to unplug the RCA from that plug when I get home and see whether it's picking up noise thru that bastard.

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so even without that adaptor in etc the interference noise is coming thru as soon as you go to DVD screen. So where the hell is that coming from?? Factory roof DVD /rse and genuine wm IQ....I'm stumped...anyone?