Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM L98 N0103 Maximum Historical Voltage Below Threshold

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
Hey Team
I have a WM L98 throwing this "N0103 Maximum Historical Voltage Below Threshold" fault.

After checking the battery volatge and finding it under 12v, the battery was tested and confirmed to be faulty and replaced. the fault presented in car as an ABS & traction control fault but when i used my ZUS OBDII scanner the voltage code N0103 as above and "N0101 voltage below threshold" still arise with the new battery. I am also getting ABS & traction control faults. If I clear the faults and rescan I get only the voltage faults until I start the car when the ABS/Traction control faults come back.
Speaking to my local auto sparkie when I got the new battery, I was told the voltage issues are notorious for creating the ABS traction faults.
Approx 6 months ago I got a left rear ABS sensor fault, replaced the sensor and has been fine since.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what is your alternator doing

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
historic codes can stay for a while as long as the issue has been fixed it may clear once it knows its all good again

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
historic codes can stay for a while as long as the issue has been fixed it may clear once it knows its all good again
The ZUS doesn't give me an option to clear the historic codes, only the abs/traction ones unfortunately. Not sure if that'd be different with a different scan tool

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sometimes u just have to ignore the code for now and after a determine amount of key on cycles it will see that the fault has fixed and the historic code will then be deleted itself

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
sometimes u just have to ignore the code for now and after a determine amount of key on cycles it will see that the fault has fixed and the historic code will then be deleted itself
Thanks bud, hope that's the case. It's a little annoying, didn't realize how much I used the traction control until it doesn't operate haha

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
the ABS/TC and historical maximum voltage codes didn't go away. This arvo i went on a fault finding mission and narrowed it down to signal not getting through ones of the wires that go to the LH rear abs speed sensor. Turns out one wire was broken, the other wire was damaged in the same spot and it looks like it's had a sharp impact. It's very near the adjust of the lower arm so perhaps it got some trauma during a wheel alignment but anyway. I fixed the broken wire and all codes are clear and no errors.
Got to love technology, never had anything like this in my VN SS haha

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
well done on the repair and you are awesome for posting the solution
sure to help someone in the future

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
well done on the repair and you are awesome for posting the solution
sure to help someone in the future
Cheers lout, we need all the help we can get with the modern technology. Before this I've owned most of the models from VC to VN so working on this thing is a learning curve haha.
So it seems the two faults, voltage and abs were unrelated just happened at the same time