Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm statesman 2006

Wmstatobrando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm statesman v6 2006
I recently bought a statesman wm 2006 auto v6 and the suspension or something rattles when driving over bumps on the road was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and fixed it. Also the car ticks in the centre where the air con blows from and then stops and only happens when turning the car on.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I recently bought a statesman wm 2006 auto v6 and the suspension or something rattles when driving over bumps on the road was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and fixed it. Also the car ticks in the centre where the air con blows from and then stops and only happens when turning the car on.
Welcome to the forum!
If you search in the VE sub forum, you'll find answers to all of your questions.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The air vent thing, it will be an actuator that operates the vent doors.

The noise on bumps will be suspension bushes. There are a lot.
The best thing to do is replace all of them together so everything feels right when you drive. You don’t have to replace everything. If the culprit is a sway bar bush it’s a cheap quick fix if using rubber. Just replace the worn bush.

I love driving and feeling the cars feedback so prefer the urethane bushes which tighten everything up a bit.