Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Statesman Weird Electrical Issues

xjinky109x

Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
VE
I just bought a WM from the auctions the other day and I'm having some issues with the lighting.

The low beam head lights, mirror puddle lights, all four map lights, sunvisor lights and two little instrument cluster screens don't work. DVD player and rain sensor doesn't either. But sunroof and two interior lights and door card puddle lights, work fine.

Not really sure where to start or what to look for. Any tips?

Cheers

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I just bought a WM from the auctions the other day and I'm having some issues with the lighting.

The low beam head lights, mirror puddle lights, all four map lights, sunvisor lights and two little instrument cluster screens don't work. DVD player and rain sensor doesn't either. But sunroof and two interior lights and door card puddle lights, work fine.

Not really sure where to start or what to look for. Any tips?

Cheers
Simplest thing to try first is to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, and make sure the battery is in good condition.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d go further and do a cap discharge. With battery disconnected at the negative terminal, open the doors. Do a start of the car, move it through the gears, toot the horn, switch on lights (even if they don’t work), use the brake. Use up any power that might be stored in the many capacitors throughout the car.

I’d then go through all the fuses and check for continuity. There’s a few fuse boxes.

Swap out the lighting relays with another relay the same used on something else you know works.