Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WN Caprice V Sports Front Armour "Not available".

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
if you are OCD you should forget SA, it's ugly.

Best off getting the front of the car refreshed at a panel shop every 12 months or so.

that should get rid of this, also any stone chips on the bonnet. you get the idea.
Paint it once and hope I don't have a brain fade
Yes I fussy and as every days passes I think I will get the front bar re sprayed to match the rest of the car except for the rear passengers side door that has another issue. The Caprice V has very little stone chip and 99% of them around 12-15 was touched up to a point that you cant see them.
The only thing that bother me to get the Front Re Sprayed on the Capric was COVID 19 and had to drive the car where I got the VE Anniversity painted (Rear damaged Quarter and that side + the Bonnet and the front bumper).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if you just get the bar done it won't match better to blend it back into the bonnet etc.

you can't be too ocd if you are happy with touch up :)

there's nothing like a freshly well painted panel. also got any pics of this please?

upload_2020-5-6_11-46-10.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think you can get away with painting plastic & blending it into metal, can you?
Don't the absorption & surface-texture properties mean the paint appears a different colour, and if you want to be really OCD you need a slightly different mix for the plastic c/f the metal? Meaning that if you get someone to blend it, you'll now have THREE different-appearing colours - bumper, front of bonnet, rear of bonnet.

The Caprice V wont be Parked in a Shopping centre as this black car is a Play Car for Sunny Sundays driving only.
Methinks you misunderestimate the ingenuity of an SUV/4WD/dual-cab operator when trying to do something that's either stupid or which causes angst to other road users!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black blends fairly well not like reds and stuff. i mean how many times have you seen a mismatched bumper cover on a car? HEAPS. On a black car....? That said, maybe no blend would be required, guess it will depend on the actual black, any tint or fleck. Good shop would tell you, my old HSV had to have a bit of a blend because gold fleck.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Methinks you misunderestimate the ingenuity of an SUV/4WD/dual-cab operator when trying to do something that's either stupid or which causes angst to other road users!

How true. Brought back a memory of watching a dual cab with a rear bar made from 2"x2" metal lump reverse 20 metres across an almost deserted car park to hit the back of my daughters VR. A quick look in the mirror... "Meh", a couple of seconds later, a quick look out his drivers window found a displeased me just about to pull his door open. No worries, just a scratch ;) …….. until he got a $1,800 bill from her insurance company.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you just get the bar done it won't match better to blend it back into the bonnet etc.

View attachment 210903
That tin is not paint!! Its Australian EXPORT Wet look tyre shine and I buy them by 12 lots or more to use on all our cars.

When I come to blending the bonnet I wont allow that so you have to be spot on or nothing. Remember the Post where I had the passengers side rear door that not a shiny as the rest of the car. Yes that door has been repaired and the pant on that door was spot on and they did not the blend the panels next to it because the car seem to have a ceramic coating as the rest of the car is super shiny

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think you can get away with painting plastic & blending it into metal, can you?
Don't the absorption & surface-texture properties mean the paint appears a different colour, and if you want to be really OCD you need a slightly different mix for the plastic c/f the metal? Meaning that if you get someone to blend it, you'll now have THREE different-appearing colours - bumper, front of bonnet, rear of bonnet.

Yes Its easy for me after all the stroke I had.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
That tin is not paint!! Its Australian EXPORT Wet look tyre shine and I buy them by 12 lots or more to use on all our cars.

When I come to blending the bonnet I wont allow that so you have to be spot on or nothing. Remember the Post where I had the passengers side rear door that not a shiny as the rest of the car. Yes that door has been repaired and the pant on that door was spot on and they did not the blend the panels next to it because the car seem to have a ceramic coating as the rest of the car is super shiny

sounds like you need a full repray, lol.

i kid, yeah maintaining paint on a car can be "fun" especially making everything match. I know this from my HSV.

also i wanted a pic of the car, hahahaha who cares about your cheap ass export tyre shine :D

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

there's nothing like a freshly well painted panel. also got any pics of this please?

View attachment 210903[/QUOTE]
A teaser for you. Look you can see the blue tin in the bucket of wet look tyre black. I dont have Any photos of the complete car on any mob like Post Image or that other mob that want to charge you for hosting your pics. Also I do not have any Photos (security Reason also on some cars) of my Complete TV room, + the Satellite Farm + the Dedicated Computer room for the TV room and the Sat Farm. The the Main TV room I sent LG Aust photos of there disastrous 86in lemon that cost us $14,000. I sent LG the Photos of a Dulled out room that shows the issue with this tv that suffers from IPS Glow, Blooming, Haloing, Back light bleeding, They sent the second one out and I fail that too. Got rid og and bough a smaller 75 inch Sony 9400E
A Teaser for you. Yes only 50 HQ GTS was made with Bone whit upholstery? Even less with 4 electric windows

Last edited: