Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WN Caprice V Sports Front Armour "Not available".

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well I'm finished with my Bi Modal fitting on the Caprice V and it works extremely very well now its time for the next job and that is covering up that ugly scratches under the Front bumper that are not seen while you look at the front of the car.
Now I can get it re-painted (around $500) + I expect the car has some ceramic coating done on it that will cost me XXX dollars so I'm try to work out the other ways of tacking this problem.
Now If the WN Caprice had a Sport Armour available that will be easy to hide it but you cant get one as nobody AFAIK has made one to suit the WN or even the WM Caprice and the one thing that come close to it is the VE 3 piece Sports Armour and because its 3 piece you have more chance to cut and shut it to fit and at the same time make it look good.
What do you think guys, are they other option I can use except to take the car or maybe the bar itself (Not recommended to me to match the Black Paint) to the paint shop.
(PS I don't like leave a car there)

The other side is a little I say little very (Paranoid me again) worse than this side.

Looking at the front. well this shot was not taken for this issue but I can tell you if you stand at the front of the car you will have to put you head on the ground to see the damage. Trust Me I cant sleep at night, all the Cars at home have a PERFECT front bar.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Discounting that you are aware of the scratch, and your OCD and Paranoia, why bother ?
Only you, and the ants, and a flat-pack cat will see it. You spend $$$ to fix it, next day you will drive into a shopping centre car park, and scrunch it up again on one of those flat concrete parking aids that prevent you from falling off the edge of the car park, or hitting the car parked in front of you.
A $4 rattle can of matte black, masking tape, an hour of meticulous OCD preparation … job done. Ants and cat applauding.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Now If the WN Caprice had a Sport Armour available

I personally think you'll struggle to find something to suit. When I had the SWB Calais, I couldn't find anything OEM for it, so LWB will be nigh on impossible I'd suggest. As far as I recall, they only had ones to suit SV6, SS, SSV and SSVR. Not even evoke got a look in

You could look at one of the aftermarket DIY stick on ones like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...protector.TRS0&_nkw=bumper+protector&_sacat=0

But how effective and/or appealing that is remains to be seen.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Discounting that you are aware of the scratch, and your OCD and Paranoia, why bother ?
Only you, and the ants, and a flat-pack cat will see it. You spend $$$ to fix it, next day you will drive into a shopping centre car park, and scrunch it up again on one of those flat concrete parking aids that prevent you from falling off the edge of the car park, or hitting the car parked in front of you.
A $4 rattle can of matte black, masking tape, an hour of meticulous OCD preparation … job done. Ants and cat applauding.
Naaaaa in 40 years of driving i never have lit that concrete stuff, cant under stand these cars have all the tech and tell you you are about to hit something even that low, my SV6 storm, tested the Caprice or even most of the times the sensors pick them but even then I always stop before them because sometime they dont pick them. Any how I have two Shopping cars one of the a VR Comm it impossible to hit those concrete stop strips because it too high and the second car the VE Anniversity has had the front completely re painted and I take care what in front of me every time I have come to a situation like this.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I personally think you'll struggle to find something to suit. When I had the SWB Calais, I couldn't find anything OEM for it, so LWB will be nigh on impossible I'd suggest. As far as I recall, they only had ones to suit SV6, SS, SSV and SSVR. Not even evoke got a look in

You could look at one of the aftermarket DIY stick on ones like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...protector.TRS0&_nkw=bumper+protector&_sacat=0

But how effective and/or appealing that is remains to be seen.
If I do something It has to look good otherwise I wont do it.
Loot at my Series 2 grill in a Series 1 Ve Anniversity car because I like the Chrome that series one does not give you. Remember this car was a wreck and I restored it.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I wouldn't worry about the scratches under the bumper. I was so careful with my Redline took over two years to finally scratching it. I am picky with my car but things do happen. I also have a scratches that I should fix that someone in a car park hit the front bumper.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
While it triggers your OCD (which I understand), the fact that nobody can see it & nobody can know there are scratches, along with the fact that it's just plastic so there's no deterioration, means I reckon just ignore it.

Besides, you're dealing with Murphy's Law, if you do anything to repair or cover-up you're just asking for a 4WD/SUV/crew-cab operator to back into your pristine bumper ...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
While it triggers your OCD (which I understand), the fact that nobody can see it & nobody can know there are scratches, along with the fact that it's just plastic so there's no deterioration, means I reckon just ignore it.

Besides, you're dealing with Murphy's Law, if you do anything to repair or cover-up you're just asking for a 4WD/SUV/crew-cab operator to back into your pristine bumper ...
The Caprice V wont be Parked in a Shopping centre as this black car is a Play Car for Sunny Sundays driving only.

Yes I have been like this all my life (Googled OCD) even when I was a Boss I wanted everything to be Perfect and nothing had to break down because where I worked or the people under me was told to do the same. I had the best Electrical Cabinets that use to shine like the Caprice V, yes boxes of Turtle wax to keep them like this + on the troublesome equipment I always other rated equipment like this so they will never break down because if they break down and we cause pollution in the creek we will get a $100,000 fine. We had the Best and cleanness Plant AFAIK in Australia. I spend years standardize equipment so you dont have to keep many spares from different manufacture. (PS my Family has to be on their toes when I comes to a Clean and efficient house lol.lol.lol. No wastage in our house, No electricity bill for 11 years, Less water bills because of a efficient water tank system) .
Anyhow I will make a decision what I will do with the Caprice and it scratches under the Bumber

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
if you are OCD you should forget SA, it's ugly.

Best off getting the front of the car refreshed at a panel shop every 12 months or so.

that should get rid of this, also any stone chips on the bonnet. you get the idea.