Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wolf 3d ecu?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i'm just thinking of everything for my current project which is a VL turbo. as far as i can see Wolf 3D seems to be the better reprogrammable ECU of all the aftermarket types out there. has anyone here got one or had one or know someone with one? if so what do you think of them?

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
My mate had one in his RX7, i havnt heard anything bad about them, and i think they come with some programs allready in them, one of them is one that runs the engine rich so it shoots flames on decelration

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
yeah i'm looking at the different brands like autonic and EMS etc etc. Wolf 3d looked easiest to set up and does one specifically to plug into a VL.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Go Haltech Programmable ECU !!!

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
Wolf 3d are getting old and not all that tunable as some of the new ecu's. Not sure what ecu is best for a vl but for a rotary microteck are the leaders by far. I do know that the motecs are a good unit for piston engines but there not cheap either. Best to ring the workshop who is going to be tunning it and get there advise on whitch brand they prefer.
Btw an rx7 wont blow flames if its running to ritch but it will if its too lean, this is due to the exast being hot enoght to ignite the raw fuel

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the problem being that most workshops only use the ecu's that they have experience with, not necessarily whats best for what i want out of my car. or they are dealers of a particular brand and won't even look at tuning in something else.