Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wolf 3D System

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i am sticking with my delco for my commodore. i would rather spend that money on something else i reckon. that an aftermarket computer

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I wouldnt see the point in buying aftermarket computer unless you had a worked motor or supercharger/turbo setup

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i am sticking with my delco for my commodore. i would rather spend that money on something else i reckon. that an aftermarket computer

i did suggest that in my post above, the reason i have a LINK is cause the VH never had a delco ecu.......

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
sorry. i wasn't trying to sound important. i was just saying what i am doing. i do hate it when ya say something and then 3 threads someone else says the same thing.
anyways i wasn't meaning to do that

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
the LINK system uses a USB cable that plugs directly into the ecu. the software is free. you can download a copy from there web site to have a play with so you can see what it can do etc. there is actually nothing wrong with the factory delco ecu. if you ask people like Dr bob and greenfoam you can get a lot of info on tuning them. paradox knows a bit about 2 bar map tunes for a turbo setup although he seems to be keeping some of the info close to his chest at the moment. i'd certainly take carefull consideration before replacing the factory ecu when you could possibly spend money else where on your ride

oops didnt see this post!!! i have absoloutly no clue about tuning ECU's etc..........i know tonnes about engines, kits, interior, audio and wiring.........but **** nothing about ECU tuning etc.........i might have to give doctor bob and greenfoam a buzz on that..........