Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woman caught keying Tesla

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Public naming and shaming should be first and foremost,
Depends on the situation naming and shaming could revile the victim so your just punishing the victim more by revealing that person, they say around 80-90 percent of child sexual crimes are known to the family. So you have to protect the victim as well but if they are a adult then yes on victim permission only.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Prisoners should be made to work for their upkeep. No work, no food/blankets/heating etc. If I want to eat I have to work...
All prisoners in adult jail have to work from 8am to 3pm and giving around 7 dollars a day, you need to have a doctor certificate to sit in your cell but only giving around 5 bucks a day. Well that's what my brother said when he was there for 6 months.

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Stupid fat jealous cow...end of story.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
And nor should it....killing someone for a crime is somewhat over the top.

Sadly this type of attitude is exactly why Western Society is where it is. There are no consequences for the actions of reprehensible people. If there were punishments to fit the crimes then society would be in a much better place than where it is now. It seems that the only way there is higher levels of punishment is if one commits any level of crime against a Government. If you are a perpetrator against another person you merely get a slap on the wrist and get told "please don't do it again".

As mentioned previously in this thread, many people would have a different perspective if it was a member of your own family that a severe crime was committed against.

I'm a firm believer that a sentence / punishment must fit the crime and not just be a revenue raiser for any Government, but it seems with that statement in mind that most crimes seem to be rather trivial in the eyes of the courts and they don't want it affecting them money wise.

PS. In saying all of the above killing someone for keying a car is absurd, but I could think of many other firm punishments that would be a great deterant.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sadly this type of attitude is exactly why Western Society is where it is.

Yeah, coz the American states (as an example) that have the death penalty are working beautfully.

And no one on death row has been subsequently found innocent of the alleged crime.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
But they are rid of the scum that has perpetrated a most heinous crime. Generally they don't hang the wrong person and that's why they are on death row for so long, just in case there is a miscarriage of justice been made during the process.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, coz the American states (as an example) that have the death penalty are working beautfully.

And no one on death row has been subsequently found innocent of the alleged crime.
In the USA, prisons are not state run, rather they are private enterprises and empty cells aren’t profitable... so they get filled... just part of the corporate corruption that exists in that oddball place the world thinks is the icon of civilisation.

But you’re correct in that police and courts can get it wrong and a death penalty can’t be taken back.

But rather than remove the death penalty, I’d think it would be better to limit it to cases where there is multiple witnesses and multiple irrefutable undeniable facts so there is absolutely no doubt. Scum such as James Gargasoulas, Julian Knight and such lowlifes come to mind and it’s these worthless types that shouldn’t be breathing. Instead we allow these worthless types to sue the state for an education or because they don’t have a PlayStation or other such rubbish...

And since we’ve gotten rid of the death penalty, the courts seem to have developed a “compassionate caring” attitude that lets people out on bail, almost always... and it seems to never get revoked.. even when they’ve committed multiple indictable offences while on bail... they get bail again... it just goes on and there seem to be no consequences for them.

So unless you are one of these forgiving cheek turning types, what’s a fit punishment for someone who commits a violent purposeful killing, only to be paroled some years later and then kill again? Such has occurred multiple times :oops: What about a father who pours accelerant on his kids and his wife... if that low life didn’t kill himself, the state should have nailed him to a stake and set him alight as his punishment (if someone did that to my sister and nieces, I’d want nothing less as punishment).

Probably all this should be under what the what pisses me off thread as these goody goodies have simply made a society where the corrupt and criminal can flourish o_O

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The one saving grace is she will me most definitely made to pay for the damage, due to the video footage. Ins Co will have no issues taking her to court to recoup costs. Even if she is on the dole they will make her pay $40 a fortnight and if she doesn't pay they will send debt collectors and they will take 90% of her payment until the debt is cleared. So even if the judge is lenient and gives her a minor fine, she will be fucked at least once.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The one saving grace is she will me most definitely made to pay for the damage, due to the video footage. Ins Co will have no issues taking her to court to recoup costs. Even if she is on the dole they will make her pay $40 a fortnight and if she doesn't pay they will send debt collectors and they will take 90% of her payment until the debt is cleared. So even if the judge is lenient and gives her a minor fine, she will be fucked at least once.
She may be found guilty, if so, she'll be placed on a Community Corrections Order where she'll sit in a park smoking dope instead of cleaning/gardening or whatever sh'es supposed to be doing to serve the community. She may be, just may be made to pay some trivial amount per fortnight as restitution. No doubt she'll cry poor and bad childhood and mental issues, etc, as an excuse during the court case.

The kicker is that if it was your car that was vandalised and you only had 3rd party fire/theft, you wouldn't consider a tenner a week to be "a saving grace". You'd either have to live with the vandalism or pay thousands to have it fixed... Heck I new a guy that suffered similar crap where the court ordered restitution payments which didn't cover his interest costs on his loan which he needed to repair the vandalism.

Meanwhile if you had insurance, the insurance company will simply swollow the cost as they CBF chasing such deadheads for any monies. They know the system is skewed to protecting such lowlifes so it will ultimately cost them more than simply writing it off. Heck i was told that by my insurance company they wrote off $3500 becasue they at fault party didn't having insurance on his 2 year old car and refused to make contact since he didn't want to pay them anything. So my insurance wanted me to pay excess even though i had identified the at fault party :mad: My insurance lost that argument ;)

Oh, if she is made to pay restitution, the sherifs office wont become debt collectors... they only seem to get involved if one has debt owing to some public/private partnership type organisation (like when owing speeding fines or road toll fines and the like)... Otherwise their motto is "ut te ipsum".