Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woman dies after crash with police van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Oh, now she is a teacher not a Centrelink worker:

GILLIAN Harman, 48, died after her Toyota Corolla sedan collided with the marked van heading to a violent domestic situation in Armidale involving a man armed with an axe.

Her mother Janet Harman was on Thursday trying to come to terms with the untimely death of her schoolteacher daughter, from Guyra.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I like how they were going on about how she helped out during the floods etc, How is it relevant, And why is there nothing about the police backgrounds.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Having driven emergency services vehicles under lights and sirens, I really feel sorry for the Police Officer that was driving. They ARE to blame 100% and will probably never recover from causing this. Regardless of whether you're under lights and sirens, ALL ROAD RULES STILL APPLY TO YOU. You're only to proceed through red lights or drive above the speed limit if it's safe to do so. If they went through a Give Way at speed without it being safe (i.e. there was another car that had right of way - and yes, they still have right of way), they're screwed!

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
**** happens...

(idiot should have paid attention, who misses lights and sirens, this should go in the Darwinism thread)

The article states in the last paragraph "A critical incident team is investigating the circumstances surrounding the accident.
Sources told The Daily Telegraph they believe police were travelling at high speed and there was a question of whether police were using their lights and sirens." So they may _not_ have had them on. Should be easy to do some door knocking to find out if anyone heard sirens/saw lights.

If they weren't using sirens/lights what will your opinion be then?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If they weren't using sirens/lights what will your opinion be then?

Drive better? Just because you have right of way doesn't mean you drive blindly into intersections...

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Drive better? Just because you have right of way doesn't mean you drive blindly into intersections...

I don't think people would be expecting a divi van flying through an intersection at high speed with no sirens/lights. Not saying that is the case but it's a possibility ATM. If this was a hoon in a stolen car screaming through an intersection and totaling someone, will you then say those dead should have driven better? No-one slows down at every intersection when they have right of way "just to be sure."

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Last week i was doing a u-turn at a section which is for that very thing. We have the u-turn signal the full right of way. as i was going around a car went through a red light. it was an unmarked police vehicle. no light, no sirens. could have removed my front end with ease. then on the other hand, i see so many people driving with their heads in the clouds when emergency vehicles are approaching... If i can remove myself from the road whenever i hear sirens i do well and truly before they are behind me.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Last week i was doing a u-turn at a section which is for that very thing. We have the u-turn signal the full right of way. as i was going around a car went through a red light. it was an unmarked police vehicle. no light, no sirens. could have removed my front end with ease. then on the other hand, i see so many people driving with their heads in the clouds when emergency vehicles are approaching... If i can remove myself from the road whenever i hear sirens i do well and truly before they are behind me.

Last Friday coming home from work at 2.45pm I was doing 40 in a school zone and was passed by the cops still doing their 60k. No kids were out yet and they didn't "just miss" anyone but yeah...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Last Friday coming home from work at 2.45pm I was doing 40 in a school zone and was passed by the cops still doing their 60k. No kids were out yet and they didn't "just miss" anyone but yeah...
And if you take down their registration and report it. **** happens to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.