Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woman TV presenter must cost more to Employ compare to a man

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
As you all Know I have a good hobby and as you know its watching Satellite TV but what I have noticed (99.8% will never see this) the Female TV Host, the Presenter, defiantly will cost more compared to a man to employ all because the the extra staff they need.
I have noticed this in Australia, France, UK, and the US, and other western countries YES we all know Female's wants equal pay but they cost the boss or the company that they employ them more a lot more compared to a man with the same wage. I will tell you the things that you dont see but I can see and as you know mostly they have a Woman and Man together there on screen talking to us
See watching Feeds or World Feeds including big time here in Australia I have noticed before the feeds start You will see a man sitting there drinking water and getting rid of the frogs in his voice, so on, and by word one he is ok to talk but at the same time you WONT see at least 3 other Woman (average about two Woman) that comb the Hair of the female presenter, Uses hair spray, uses mascara on there the presenters face + another helper comes out (all Woman) does the Female Eyebrows yet the Man sits there like a stuffed mullet. Put it this way for every presenter that needs their face, hair done 95% was a Woman. Does stop there,,,, NO!!
Now when a Add come on you watch the add itself but once again I see what you dont see that is off air stuff and once again those Women come out again and they attack the female Presenter but doing this and doing that to her hair and the man sits there like a stale bottle of piss croaking his voice.
By this someone has to pay for the extra's to work on the female Host/Presenter so in general a Female Presenters or a Host has to cost more.
Swearing In General.
I have noticed more Woman Swear when they are Off AIR more then a man. I cannot believed how they train themself so they dont make a mistake and swear on air,

General Behavior.

Female mainly in Australia will touch a man bottom and use the wanking symbol with there hands but yet the men does not complain and laugh but I wonder if a Man does something similar. Hummmm will he get away with it
What do you think? Why does a Female get away with this, its not equal opportunity one way traffic their way, They get away with this but if a man does this there get sacked or a scandal gets started

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Sex sells. Even the news!...... You know that surely. Females, especially the ones considered easy on the eye are more likely to sell you a story whether it’s true or false, I mean it’s just like going into a bar, you know the beer is not much chop, but jeez that barmaid is worth going in there for.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Strange...I recently read or saw on Aussie telly, Female TV presenters are whinging they aren't getting paid as much as their male counter parts.

There was a high profile female presenter of a news program recently that opened up about this very topic, because she got the boot from telly....Just can't remember her name or the program she was hosting in conjunction with a male....But I seem to recall she was on channel 9....

As for general behavour....It's that way throughout all forms of employment.....A female makes a rude gesture towards a male, the males just laugh it off, but when the roles are reversed, the females have a big sook session....So it's not confined to the idiot box....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sex sells. Even the news!...... You know that surely. Females, especially the ones considered easy on the eye are more likely to sell you a story whether it’s true or false, I mean it’s just like going into a bar, you know the beer is not much chop, but jeez that barmaid is worth going in there for.

All women look pretty bloody good....It's just a case of how much you need to drink before it reaches that point....

Oh and if you fall asleep before they look good, they are definately fugly

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As for some of the stuff females do, and get away with and us males don't.....Surprisingly enough the workplace is starting to change, where if a female does some inappropriate things towards a male, the male is taking the female role of whinging about it.

The way I see it, the younger generation are just a batch of whinging whining idiots....The older generation, males and females could joke around and get away with it....Now, you so much as scratch your balls, or they touch their fannies in front of each other, the whinging comes out and people get in the ****.

And just for the record....I do treat females with respect....They're not some piece of meat that should be stuck between the kitchen and the bedroom.....It more a case of political correctness gone mad

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
As for some of the stuff females do, and get away with and us males don't.....Surprisingly enough the workplace is starting to change, where if a female does some inappropriate things towards a male, the male is taking the female role of whinging about it.

The way I see it, the younger generation are just a batch of whinging whining idiots....The older generation, males and females could joke around and get away with it....Now, you so much as scratch your balls, or they touch their fannies in front of each other, the whinging comes out and people get in the ****.

And just for the record....I do treat females with respect....They're not some piece of meat that should be stuck between the kitchen and the bedroom.....It more a case of political correctness gone mad

there is a lot of change happening in the world. Some of the change is around language. I bet I need a flame suit but here goes -

'Surprisingly enough the workplace is starting to change, where if a female does some inappropriate things towards a male, the male is taking the female role of whinging about it.'

the above statement is a problem, if you write the statement again without the genders its still a reflection on workplace changes but without reducing peoples behaviour to 'cry like a girl' or 'be more manly'

we have men who are unable to express how they feel or communicate their needs without being labelled 'unmanly' etc, and IMO this reflects heavily in the state of mens mental health overall. We need to keep pushing for change here, it aint weak to speak campaigns etc. I have young adult children, and I am joyed to see that the boys talk more than I ever recall my own male friends doing. There is still far too many young men who do not speak up however as they have had so many years of being told 'dont be a woman/sook' etc.

men and women who may feel they cannot take up a hobby or are dissuaded from pursuing a career because its 'a females job, or a mans hobby' etc
all of this gatekeeping is preventing some really influential people from making their mark on the world. It also forces some rules around hiring policies to try & correct the balance, and that causes no end of outrage about ability vs gender.

change is hard, it feels uncomfortable. sometimes its not about giving everyone the same step and expecting the same outcome, but to provide each person the right sized step, so that everyone can get the same outcome.

1637567688377.png

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Are you blokes National or Liberal politicians or Priests? Your bigoted/sexist thread comment indicates your either Tony Abbot or our Prime Minister.
Are you posting to try and get a reaction? With all that's going on in the world your biggest problem is women need somebody to do their hair To appear on TV?
Hang on, nobody would post such stupid remarks, this must be a windup

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
also yes, I think the 'costs' of having a woman on set vs a man are increased.
as my post above, society has dictated to us all how women vs men are to be presented on TV. Women are expected/judged on appearance far more. (this thread also points that out) therefore I am not surprised to learn there are more people allocated to continual set makeup etc...

everyone on TV requires hair, make up and clothing. The bloke from the morning show did an experiment where he wore the same suit every day for a year. No-one noticed. He did this after his female co anchor coped a bunch of noise because she re-wore the same dress twice in the space of a couple of months.

women presenter wardrobes therefore would have a huge cost factor if they are flayed for wearing the same thing twice on TV.

again - we need to break these stupid out dated ways of thinking.