Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wondering how quick a hot wh will go?

H

harrop.senator

Hey guys arguing with one of the boys at work. He's a very big ls hater. And has just done a custom gtx set up on his s15. Making a conservative non Disney dyno 317whp. Went 13.2 on same dynos 270whp. He's hoping to race next week for new time.

So I'm picking up my Caprice on Saturday and I'm pretty sure it'll push into 12s with some tweaking and some tuning with absolute ease. But he's racing pretty often and sees a lot of ls down there and talks a lot of smack about them....

Unknown cam specs sounds 230ish its prettyyyyy lumpy. Has the pacemaker comp headers , hi flow cats , 2.5" bent mandrel twin milds. It made 347 rwhp at I think 6200? " Detuned " as was pushing against the torque converter very hard. It still doesn't come below a k or under 50ks without braking once upto 50 its hilarious lol. 3.46 gears with lsd.

Ive got a speed master qualifier manifold and matching rails , a 3600 stall and will get an alloy otr and retune which is known by home and still says 13 sec barge..

Car runs Monroe gts off shelf sl kings hd. I have a pair of 18x8.5s and some p1 pirelli 235 40 18s or can get a cheap set of 265 35 18 220 tread wear semi slicks.

Hes willing to put money down that after a few nights out with tweaking and practice it won't pull any sort of 12.xx surely it'll go 105 mph and 12s with a dozen passes under belt right?

Last edited by a moderator:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I think you both need to just take em to the track and post the results.

Too much talk, not enough action

H

harrop.senator

Trust me it'll happen. I plan going next Wednesday for a pre otr/stall mph number. Unfortunately the rear tyres are pretty crappy that are on it but ive got some 17" wheels with pirellis .

I just know the first night out with a car ive owned for four days will not make numbers anywhere close to the actual potential and I've refused to put a number on the first night out for that reason. That's why I'm wondering after learning a car and a fair few meets what's possible with the sort of power output.

He snapped a rocker last fortnight. Had the anti lag and launch control tuned in last week and is hoping to get it out for the first time Wednesday next week himself.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
WH is a barge, takes a LOT of torque to move weight (assuming you have traction)....

I'd be getting a decent tyre with some sidewall, low profile tyres are not your friend on the strip.

H

harrop.senator

Without paying a radial Price the 15s aren't wide n sticky eenough reckon needs a 16 with a 225 or 245 or a 235 45 17 will do? Everything I keep reading only puts them at 1700 curb only 100 heavier then then the ss models can't wait to get it on scales I thought they're closer to 2 lol.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Some cheapo second hand et streets and a little weight reduction will get you in the very low 13's. Converter and diff gears may see high 12's imo.

H

harrop.senator

Man they don't come up aye I dno if its cause I don't do fb n gumtrees dead but dudes sre chasing $50 ea for streets that have hit wear marker already and the $250 ea new just to prove a point is hurting my inner jew. Last set pair I got years ago were $100 ea n 50-60℅ lol.

H

harrop.senator

From research with the otr n manifold will go 370-410 depending who's dyno and that's what mates have with stock stalled fg xr6ts running 12.4-12.8s I know they make slightly more torque but that's what I was basing my time theory on lol. Might see how much the 255 40 17 semis are for the cheapies if a fb ad on the Mrs account doesn't bring any streets up lol.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Man they don't come up aye I dno if its cause I don't do fb n gumtrees dead but dudes sre chasing $50 ea for streets that have hit wear marker already and the $250 ea new just to prove a point is hurting my inner jew. Last set pair I got years ago were $100 ea n 50-60℅ lol.
I got e/t street radials 255/??-16 and that was $800 a pair.
I've done 2 runs last September and they have sat around 14months because the rain stopped me going to any other meets.
Less complaining please and just get them. ;)

H

harrop.senator

8 regoed project cars 2 super bikes and earn $700 a week I'll complain as much as I want to ;)