Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wonky VZ Glove Box

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
to fix this is simple
loosen all the screws holding the glovebox together
apply a small amount of pressure in the oppposite direction to the fault
normally across opposite corners.
hold the tension on it & have someone toghten the screws (dont strip them)
& then put it back in

fixed

Rob

Longy188

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
gday all,
ive just bought an SV6 and my glove box has gone the way everyone else has and also wen u open the box it comes down a lot lower then it really should. does anyone know what i have to replace / fix to mend this problem??
cheers

Trent

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
gday all,
ive just bought an SV6 and my glove box has gone the way everyone else has and also wen u open the box it comes down a lot lower then it really should. does anyone know what i have to replace / fix to mend this problem??
cheers

Trent

Trent

It sounds like the small rubber stoppers on each side of the glovebox lid have torn as they do so commonly. Open the glovebox and look at each side of the lid. You will see a rubber bump-stop clipped into the side of the lid. These simply unplug from the lid and are easily replaced. Push the glove box shut, then re-open it and it should sit at the correct level.

The design of the bump stops is weak and could have been made much better if they had not been hollow.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
if it's under warranty get it looked at by a dealer. if not. leave it till it breaks and buy one from a wrecked car.

a faulty glovebox is a roadworthy issue. (if the glove box doesnt hold itself up properly it's a road worthy issue) im saying get it looked at since it may break at the plastic hinges that hold it up. and then in effect become an unroadworthy car.

What a load of rubbish. How on earth can a faulty glovebox lid be a roadworthy issue ????? Glovebox lids have absolutely NOTHING to do with roadworthiness of a vehicle. If you have ever been defected for a faulty glove box lid then believe me you must have really got up the cops nose or something even more annoying.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
There are two versions of these little rubber stoppers, inferior one on the left, good one on the right. I just bought a set of the new ones today - $1 each. This will not fix a lazy glove box, what you have to do is open the glove box, push up on the left side and down on the right side (to warp it back to how it was) and then you shall once again, have a good looking glove box.
P2609090000.jpg

Longy188

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thanks heaps for that eh, do you just get the rubber stoppers from holden ?? or can you get them from supercheap or something ?thanks

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Sorry mate, not trying to hyjack your thread,

but When I close my glove box the light inside seems to stay on all the time. My glove box lid doesn't seem to sit in properly just like yours

Would I need to replace the whole glovebox lid or just those little rubber peices mentioned above?

vzh00n

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive 04
omg u go 2 holden buy new clips $1, and fit in it, happend 2 me, lol , and rofl @ guy who askin u to buy his glovebox....................