Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wonky VZ Glove Box

heronvzexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hello!

I bought my VZ about two months ago, not a scratch on it, bar the wonky glove box. It tilts towards the passenger door.

02092009122.jpg

Is there anything I can do to fix it? It functions fine but it annoys the f out of me.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
most tend to do that, something about being designed cheaply for the LHD conversion for overseas market

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i have the same problem on my car but when I looked at it the only thing i could think that was wrong with it is that it was WARPED. since it is just plastic heat could cause it to warp.

i haven;t got around to it yet but i had the idea of adding a support inside of it, since it is just 2 pieces screwed together. this might take out the warping...i hope

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
I have a glove box for sale atm 2 tiny marks under neath that would be covered when oiled let me know if you keen. BTW to buy from holden (i know cause the old man got one) It will cost you $250!!!!!

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
if it's under warranty get it looked at by a dealer. if not. leave it till it breaks and buy one from a wrecked car.

a faulty glovebox is a roadworthy issue. (if the glove box doesnt hold itself up properly it's a road worthy issue) im saying get it looked at since it may break at the plastic hinges that hold it up. and then in effect become an unroadworthy car.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
but if you look at the problem is not actually a fault more a poor design

No, it wont break unless you physically pull at it, yes it still sits in firmly, its just at one end it tends to "sag" away from the rest of the trim which gives the appearance of "ill fitting"

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
hmm, that's what my VY ute does as well, except the light in the glovebox is always on as well, so I had to remove the light.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Try dropping it down to its limits and check where the clips attach to see if one is possibly not on properly or perhaps started to misshape. or take the whole thing off and see how it looks then put it back on firmly and see what happens

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
if the rubber stops have broken away tho the glovebox tends to fall all the way down when you open it, it is possible as Holden did change them on the later VZ's to a beefier version, but once its closed they dont affect it at all.

I only know coz we have 3 VZ's plus my mates VZ all does the same :whistling

Should see it in the VE tho if you think the VZ looks bad ...