Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wont melt anything running ss driving lights with headlights?

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Hi, i've worked out that if i add an earth to 87a on the fog light relay,i can run the driving lights with headlights and can also be easily removed if the need be,
my question is, has anyone with a vr/vs ss hooked it up so the driving and headlights are on together with out melting any wiring/wrecking anything?
i see vr/vs's like this all the time but 1) i dont know how theirs is wired up in the first place and 2)i dont want to go ahead and do it and melt the headlight switch etc

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it shouldnt melt anything, this mod has been done for years to get around with them working with the headlights. i havent heard of any issues. This is how i have mine setup, but i just dont have the lights in the bar yet!

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Depending on where you live though, this is illegal.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
yeah mate got a 80 buck on the spot fine in brisbane yesterday hes royally pissed as its brand new and he hasnt touched the switches yet!~

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yeah mate got a 80 buck on the spot fine in brisbane yesterday hes royally pissed as its brand new and he hasnt touched the switches yet!~

u cant just get fined by having foggies, he must've had them on when not needed.

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Sorry to hijack a thread but this ####ing shits me, just another thing for cops to get money out of us!! Seriously fog lights on when there no ment to be! It's not like there flood lights an blind oncoming traffic for god sake. It's just a joke! Go catch real criminals an stop this petty ****

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Why do want your spotties, foggies etc to be on all the time with your headlights? I've seen tossers running their spofoggies in broad daylight around town with no headlights.:supersad::hmmm: WTFF??????
A huge wank if you ask me. :ranting:
Put big globes in them, aim them correctly, wire them into your high beam, and they'll give you much more value and better light coverage. They can be used for fog and on high beam with lots of road coverage for the bits your headlights don't get.:spot on: And they won't melt as they have glass lenses in them.
Modern day bullshit, a bit like a hundred LEDs for park lights, and asking for a fine.:cops:
OK. Ready:flame::flame::flame::flame:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
u cant just get fined by having foggies, he must've had them on when not needed.

yeah he had them on the predelivery people turned them on he picked new car up and got pulled over on second trip
didnt even get a hundred km's on clock and didnt know they were on!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sorry to hijack a thread but this ####ing shits me, just another thing for cops to get money out of us!! Seriously fog lights on when there no ment to be! It's not like there flood lights an blind oncoming traffic for god sake. It's just a joke! Go catch real criminals an stop this petty ****

i know these big bad laws stopping us from doing what we want when we want... suck it up. seriously go whinge in the pub section..

even foggies pointed in the wrong direction can blind other drivers, they dont have to be 100w globes to blind ppl, and most of them are installed by DIY installers and garrantee they're not correctly positioned.

Why do want your spotties, foggies etc to be on all the time with your headlights? I've seen tossers running their spofoggies in broad daylight around town with no headlights.:supersad::hmmm: WTFF??????
A huge wank if you ask me. :ranting:
Put big globes in them, aim them correctly, wire them into your high beam, and they'll give you much more value and better light coverage. They can be used for fog and on high beam with lots of road coverage for the bits your headlights don't get.:spot on: And they won't melt as they have glass lenses in them.
Modern day bullshit, a bit like a hundred LEDs for park lights, and asking for a fine.:cops:
OK. Ready:flame::flame::flame::flame:

i agree totally, the reason i have wired mine up to work with lows, is i do a heap of regional trips and i want to see any roos on the side road and a lil furture up the road and without having to dip my hi's and losing 80% light for oncoming cars, a few near misses makes you super pariniod!