Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wont start after engine bay wash

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
yeah got it running this morning but it still has a miss now.

check out general discussion on sc, i started a thread there too and ive updated it

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Almost certainly water has gotten into a sensor, or something electronic. It's going to be hard to track down, let's hope it's one of the first things you try :)

I hope more people read this, and stop sticking gurneys in their engine bays :p I've been telling people not to do this for years! lol

Tsunamix: There is no crank angle sensor on the 304. The function of that is taken by the hall effect sensor, which runs inside the distributor. :)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the joys of owning a new car with sealed connectors, can hose it down till the cows come home, and it'll still start,

does the engine light come on at all with it missing?

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Years ago I did the same thing & the **** heap wouldn't start..NRMA showed up & fired up the blow torch & dried out all the ignition leads with flame..sure enough it started..Mr NRMA recons the leads absord water..

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
i washed me vs v6 engine bay the other day....didnt cover up coils etc......only put litle bit of water on them...waited till dried and then it burnt out 2 coils.....one totally catus and teh other nearly....i cant belive it as they were new coils:(

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
woa ive washed my engine bay with water pressure and without covering anything up , i washed my whole bay last weekend started right away no probs

and its a vs ecotec too

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
the joys of owning a new car with sealed connectors, can hose it down till the cows come home, and it'll still start,

does the engine light come on at all with it missing?

no engine light.

drove it home last night on the freeway and it was ok sitting in the driveway ideling and it had one slight miss this morning during the whole hour i drove it.

hopefully its soprted itself out lol.

btw i washed the ss engine the exact way and had no dramas at all

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
no engine light.

drove it home last night on the freeway and it was ok sitting in the driveway ideling and it had one slight miss this morning during the whole hour i drove it.

hopefully its soprted itself out lol.

btw i washed the ss engine the exact way and had no dramas at all

There is a good chance that you have a burnt plug lead. Try pulling each lead off and checking the connection on both ends. They should look bright and clean but if they are all black you will nee to replace them all. After saying that though, see how it is tomorrow morning after you start it up and see if the miss is still persisting, if not it may have dried out by then with aq bit of luck

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
it came good by itself somehow so im stoked

can someone move this to the correct section