Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

woodgrain s/wheels

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
Hey all, im after a woodgrain steering wheel for my 98 vt exec..... does anyone know if the calais, grange or statesmans come with woodgrain s/wheels? if so can u just buy them from holden? any help will b appreciated :thumbsup:

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
VL-187 said:
Hey all, im after a woodgrain steering wheel for my 98 vt exec..... does anyone know if the calais, grange or statesmans come with woodgrain s/wheels? if so can u just buy them from holden? any help will b appreciated :thumbsup:

i got a vt calais and it came with a leather s/wheel, quite nice but as far as woodgrain goes im pretty sure they didn't have them.

but you can always go to super cheap, repco autobarn etc. and pick one up for around $100 then you gotta get the boss kit which the steering wheel bolts onto and there roughly $50-60. did this to the EB and i never looked back, love the small wheel.

so all up your lookin at no more then $180 for the lot and it take not even 10min to hook it all up.

hope this helps

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
thanx heeno, yeh ive seen the ones in supercheap and repco but they arent ones fitted with airbags.... coz im pretty sure if the car comes standard with drivers airbag u gotta keep it in there? (correct me if im wrong) so yeh im after a preferably holden one...
anyone know if u would u b able to fit a woodgrain wheel out of another brand of car using a boss kit? eg. cadillac or something like that?

GMHG3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais Series 2
hey mate have leather and half woodgrain actually came out on the wh statesman and grange model, hope this helps

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The Caprice have leather and woodgrain.I don't think the statesman has. I have a photo in my ride link.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
yeh ive seen the ones in supercheap and repco but they arent ones fitted with airbags.... coz im pretty sure if the car comes standard with drivers airbag u gotta keep it in there? (correct me if im wrong)

correct.

also my friend kept getting pulled up by the police for having a woodgrain steering wheel in her VL (ones from supercheap.etc). the reason was that they are unsafe because they supply no cushioning whatsoever. tho not sure if they're illegal or the cops were just picky :p