Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woolworths manager how much would i earn

SENNY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator LS1
back when i was in supermarkets, the 'company car' was a fleet style arrangement, paid from that $100k/pa (or whatever it was) package, and super/tax etc also came out of that. having said this, i was coles/bi-lo, things may be different

yer i think you right pretty sure it come out of the 100k but they do pay for all your petrol:)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
my g/f used to work at coles, she was considering going career (was offered the same training too) it's not too bad if you can get into say head office, you'll be rolling in it one of the friends she made while working at coles was working out of head office in Melbourne, she dropped out of highschool at 16, was working at colesa s a checkout chick, now she earns 70k + extras a year.

like any job it has it's benifits as well as it's downside, you could always do the course, then do the job for a year and with that on your resume go looking for greener pastures.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
i wouldnt do it mate, i got hired at woolies as a replacement manager, was going to be replacing hte nightfill manager.

3 months down the track i find out my rank is just generic nightfiill guy, and im still being trained up to take over his job (even tho i'd done nightfill at the warehouse when it was still the warehouse (not sam's).

6 months into it he has 2 strokes in a week...... they jump up and down not knowing who to manage the department it ends up being me because i step forward and run **** (them seeming to have no idea about my contract even when i show it to them, and a few others to complain).

I run the place for 2months he comes back, lasts 2 weeks before another stroke and im back running it as he resigns and im told we're having someone else take over the department, i end up playing 2ic for the next six months still running the dept as we go through manager after manager with my shop refusing to give me rank making me work terrible hours at the threat of my job, high stress, 6 nights a week up until 3am sometimes and my paycheck is still less tehn 22k.

I then find out down the track they are underwriting my hours to keep with the hours sheet which is why my pay had been so crap.

Eventually a new guy comes to run the place who's 1 year older than me has been with the company 2 months..... his first week he cracks under pressure and i end up running the department with my mate as 2ic... this new guy quits after a week. Me and haydo run the dept well still copping ****, the most notorious woolies excuse? giving us crap over stuff not being filled, even when they know we didnt recieve it (so how can we get it out.).

We cop **** we have a stressful year, then they try and make me and a mate fight to have the 2ic position 'officially' telling us someone else is gonna take the dept over us. I have an interview get accepted for the position... so does he so they have just hired 2 nightfill 2ic's. we get told to sort this each of us gets a week to show how we can do things, we both tell them to shove it.

Next day i show up to work to find no one running hte department and get told to do it or i dont have a job.

This treatment at most adel stores..... i then pull some favours, get checkout trained and start doing checkout shifts. Store manager who's a bitch finds out hates guys working out the front (1 guy to 38 girls).

See's me barred from working the front. Checkout love me tho keep calling me in when she's not there.... nightfill keep treating me like dirt. I work at other stores to find myself doing all sorts of jobs, still being treated liek crap tho, cant find another job (this is as the recession is hitting).

Store manager gets axed.... next thing i know i have checkouts offer me a permanent position as a checkout chick, I take it tell nightfill to go **** themselves. Checkouts give me same amount of hours but actually pay me properly for them, i still get whored out to other shops.... even finding myself being a proper department manager at other shops (which paid a whole extra $1.25 an hour).

And another year of that I just give up as i quickly have everyone above me put below me, i've pretty much outranked every manager, boss ect i've had above me as woolies as a nice habit of demoting people.

I get countless jobs to escape woolies... they dont workout (thanks GFC). Woolies keep taking me back because i clear the lines for them and fix **** and they love people they can abuse the hell out of.

I've now spent a month working in engineering (clerk/store op for the company that makes industrial springs) i've been getting 4x the pay there than i get at woolies and hardly any of the stress.

Dont do it bro, there are better jobs, and the pay is bullshit.... and when u get out of it...... its hard to shake the programming they put into you... i still get nervous when i have nothing to do because woolworths always taught me theres "ALWAYS" something to do..... my companies owner gets worried when i start 'facing up' the business when i have nothing to do instead of having a coffee.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
i work for franklins (N.S.W based supermarket) and my boss says he can get over 100k depending on performance etc.

if you can manage wages well and do decent sales youll do alright.

We use to have franklins here in adelaide but it changed to woolworths :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
i wouldnt do it mate, i got hired at woolies as a replacement manager, was going to be replacing hte nightfill manager.

3 months down the track i find out my rank is just generic nightfiill guy, and im still being trained up to take over his job (even tho i'd done nightfill at the warehouse when it was still the warehouse (not sam's).

6 months into it he has 2 strokes in a week...... they jump up and down not knowing who to manage the department it ends up being me because i step forward and run **** (them seeming to have no idea about my contract even when i show it to them, and a few others to complain).

I run the place for 2months he comes back, lasts 2 weeks before another stroke and im back running it as he resigns and im told we're having someone else take over the department, i end up playing 2ic for the next six months still running the dept as we go through manager after manager with my shop refusing to give me rank making me work terrible hours at the threat of my job, high stress, 6 nights a week up until 3am sometimes and my paycheck is still less tehn 22k.

I then find out down the track they are underwriting my hours to keep with the hours sheet which is why my pay had been so crap.

Eventually a new guy comes to run the place who's 1 year older than me has been with the company 2 months..... his first week he cracks under pressure and i end up running the department with my mate as 2ic... this new guy quits after a week. Me and haydo run the dept well still copping ****, the most notorious woolies excuse? giving us crap over stuff not being filled, even when they know we didnt recieve it (so how can we get it out.).

We cop **** we have a stressful year, then they try and make me and a mate fight to have the 2ic position 'officially' telling us someone else is gonna take the dept over us. I have an interview get accepted for the position... so does he so they have just hired 2 nightfill 2ic's. we get told to sort this each of us gets a week to show how we can do things, we both tell them to shove it.

Next day i show up to work to find no one running hte department and get told to do it or i dont have a job.

This treatment at most adel stores..... i then pull some favours, get checkout trained and start doing checkout shifts. Store manager who's a bitch finds out hates guys working out the front (1 guy to 38 girls).

See's me barred from working the front. Checkout love me tho keep calling me in when she's not there.... nightfill keep treating me like dirt. I work at other stores to find myself doing all sorts of jobs, still being treated liek crap tho, cant find another job (this is as the recession is hitting).

Store manager gets axed.... next thing i know i have checkouts offer me a permanent position as a checkout chick, I take it tell nightfill to go **** themselves. Checkouts give me same amount of hours but actually pay me properly for them, i still get whored out to other shops.... even finding myself being a proper department manager at other shops (which paid a whole extra $1.25 an hour).

And another year of that I just give up as i quickly have everyone above me put below me, i've pretty much outranked every manager, boss ect i've had above me as woolies as a nice habit of demoting people.

I get countless jobs to escape woolies... they dont workout (thanks GFC). Woolies keep taking me back because i clear the lines for them and fix **** and they love people they can abuse the hell out of.

I've now spent a month working in engineering (clerk/store op for the company that makes industrial springs) i've been getting 4x the pay there than i get at woolies and hardly any of the stress.

Dont do it bro, there are better jobs, and the pay is bullshit.... and when u get out of it...... its hard to shake the programming they put into you... i still get nervous when i have nothing to do because woolworths always taught me theres "ALWAYS" something to do..... my companies owner gets worried when i start 'facing up' the business when i have nothing to do instead of having a coffee.

Worked at the warehouse i live just near there, were abouts do u live?

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
not at the woolies warehouse, the warehouse at modbury its now known as sam's warehouse (next to jb)

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
I worked in the deli and perishables for about 3 years. never in any management roles. but stuff that for a joke. The 2ic's and managers use to bitch chronic about the lazy 13yr olds they got from hr, the shity hours and pay. I can only imagine how bad the store manager has it. I remember the store manager used to pick a guy or 2 and they would be known as the managers 'bitches' and did all his oddjobs. Im sure the manager was in the store everyday.. and that was before sunday trading was introduced.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
I guess being manager wouldnt be too bad.
They now have 5 days a week shifts, you cant do more. But you may get 6 or 7 days of working in a row cause it only works on Monday to Sundays.
But yes, Wollies do **** you around a bit. But if you like the work and such, do the course.