Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worked VP Commodore SS restoration

jesterhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S L67, VP Commodore SS
jesterhead submitted a new Showcase Item:

Worked VP Commodore SS

Genuine SS, not a built knock-off. It was stolen from the previous owner and recovered when the filthy bastards were half way through stripping it. They'd chiselled out the passenger door handle to get into it. Again, bastards!
So, there's a lot of parts missing. Mostly interior bits and pieces. Surprisingly the bodywork is pretty decent nick. No major dents or scrapes and only tiny bits of rust in the usual places.
It has/had fibreglass bumpers and skirts (there was no front bumper that came with the vehicle) which are very haggard looking. My guess is the body kit was supposed to be a race car replica or one of those absolutely hideous VX lookalikes. Either way I'm not bothered about the kit. It's in such bad shape it's not worth fixing and I'm more inclined to return it back to a more factory looking spec anyway.
There's also several wiring issues too which I'll rectify in due time.
Now for the meaty bits (to my knowledge). The engine is a Holden 304 V8 with a mild cam and Chevrolet internals, big Coby exhaust system and tuned extractors. She definitely sounds like a V8 should! The gearbox is a 4L60 with a fettled-with valve body and stretched converter. The arse end is sourced from a VT. I am still in the process of obtaining more information on the work that's been done to it so don't quote me just yet :p
All i need to do with the engine is build or purchase a custom air intake system and do a bit of inspection just to be sure of everything.
So, that's basically it for now. I will be posting updates as the work rolls on and the beers get drunk :D

Read more about this showcase item here...