Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Workout Thread - Questions here on Workouts/Exercises

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
You're an ectomorph, thus have a very fast metabolism which keeps you naturally skinny and at a low weight. The only way to overcome this is to EAT.

As I said, use the Nutrition Thread and the TDEE calculator. Whatever exercise you do, choose the next option which will further increase your maintenance calorie figure, eat, eat, eat, eat eat. Some resistance training would also help if you don't want to just put on 'fat'.

I'm pretty much the same, Eat a fair bit but always stay around 75kgs. I think I have good body tone but am just wondering if I should try and gain some body weight before getting into lifting heavier weights?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'm pretty much the same, Eat a fair bit but always stay around 75kgs. I think I have good body tone but am just wondering if I should try and gain some body weight before getting into lifting heavier weights?

No need, just start lifting heavy with proper form at 8-12 reps and start eating appropriately.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Whats some good ways to get some strengh in my back?

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute

Pull ups . Lat pul downs . Dead lifts . bb good mornings . Back extentions . Just a few

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

Big compound lifts.

Pull ups . Lat pul downs . Dead lifts . bb good mornings . Back extentions . Just a few

To add some more.

- Chin Ups (wide Grip, works your back more than pull ups which are predominantly arms)
- Lat Pull downs
- Seated Cable Row
- Bent over Barbell Row
- T-Bar Row
- Deadlifts
- Dumbbell Rows

Go heavy, 6-12 reps.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
So at the rehab gym today and as usual i start off on the bike and have the seat all the way down. one of the older guys i usually see says to me to try it with a bit up. wow i can feel the difference in power i am putting out.

also if i am wanting to stay lean would it be better to do say 3 x 35 sets of 70kg on the leg press or try and do 3 x X(lower amount) of 80kg?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Any info to help a guy who is 6'3 and weighing at a whopping 69Kgs would be great :)

LOL, i can relate to this I am 6'1 and 66kg. In 2011 i decided to try weights and some home gym style workouts to try and bulk up a bit. It was going the right direction, went from about 63 at lowest to 67 in about 6 months and strength and fitness both improved. This was eating as much as i could, basically 4 meals a day plus snacks of nuts, milkshakes, meat and vita wheats. Then i got some kind of killer flu 4 times in the next 6 months that screwed me over so i couldn't train and i haven't really started again yet. But as the others said, EAT. There's a lol to learn about nutrition and how your body utilises food. You digest a meal in 2-3 hours so if you really want to gain weight fast eat another meal every 3 hours all day. And if you are anything like me and tend to wake up on a Saturday morning and go wash the car, change the oil, mow the grass and then realise you forgot breakfast that's BAD, and it will take you a few days to get that meal back.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Just an experience and question from tonight... Doing bicep curls did 3 sets, first one I got to 8 and felt good so pumped out 10, second set I only managed 7 but still felt good as I just couldn't get the last rep... on the last set however I only managed 4 reps but was again struggling to get it any way up...

The question, although you would expect the 3 sets of 8 reps to be better, due to definitely tearing the muscle was I better off doing the max reps I could each set or better off doing the 3 sets of 8?

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Hey Guys thought i may as well post what i am doing if anyone is interested or wants to comment.

2-3 times per week full body at least one days break between training.

Squat 3x8 or Deads 3x8 (alternate each session)
bench 3x10
Rows 3x10
MP 3x10
Close grip Pulldowns 3x10
Add in some abs if i have time.

of if i know i am only going to make it say MON, TUE, Thurs i will do Push Mon, Pull Tue, then the above full body on THur.

Example of Push
squat 3x8
bench 3x10
MP 3x10
dips 3xBW to failure super set Tricep pull downs

Example of Pull
Deads 3x8
Lat pull 3x10
Rows 3x10
Close Grip Pulldown 3x10 superset some type of curl 3x8

any comments?