Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Workout Thread - Questions here on Workouts/Exercises

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I will write up a comprehensive post on introduction to work outs and the various exercises and which ones you need to do to acheive various goals.

I will complete ASAP.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hama what do you think is the best 3 day split of muscle groups? Currently I do; Chest & Tri's, Bi's & Back, Legs & Shoulders

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Any info to help a guy who is 6'3 and weighing at a whopping 69Kgs would be great :)

I'm 5'7" and the same weight :O

You need to eat, son! :p If you want to build weight in a hurry, I have heard that full cream milk is great due to the reasonable levels of fat and protein, but obviously your intake needs to be proportional to your level of physical activity or you'll just get fat :) ALSO, that's just from what I've heard, I don't drink milk myself these days... I can't remember why, I stopped for some reason. It could be due to me quitting every liquid except water.

I've found the the key is to underestimate your energy needs for the day, and that way you'll find that if you're not getting enough you quite simply will get very hungry. And from there, you can adjust your intake accordingly. If you start off eating too much, you may end up putting on too much fat too soon and will find it harder to break the habit.

Airstrike - I know I'm not Hamatime, but I'll offer a different perspective to the typical bodybuilding ideals:

Day 1: Using tabata intervals (20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest), do pushups for 6 - 8 'sets', and then do the same with unweighted squats
Day 2: Deadlifts and Ring Dips (on bars if you can't do ring dips yet)
Day 3: Front Squats and Pullups or Chinups

Depending on your goals, you'd vary the sets and weight of each exercise. Wikipedia has a good list of weight percentages of 1 rep max, the amount of reps, rep speed, number of sets, and rest times depending on what you want to achieve.

So for example, at the moment I've got a strength bias, so I'm doing 7 sets of 1 rep, 6 sets of 2, 5 sets of 3, and 5 sets of 5, increasing or decreasing the load depending on how I feel. Obviously, correct form is the most important thing. When I feel like having more of an endurance and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy effect, I do 6x6, 5x8, 4x10 and 3x12. I rotate between the different sets + reps each time I do the exercise, which is usually once a week each.

This is a pretty rough outline of the way I do my own workouts, it may or may not suit you but it works for me :) Current I deadlift 155kg, front squat 105kg, push press 80kg (like a shoulder press but using a little momentum from the legs)... I can also run a 10.5 on the beep test on a good day, and I'm building up my muscle-up count... 13 successful muscle-ups out of 21 attempts in 10 minutes... Not great, but I'm getting there :)

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Hama: I hit a PB of 80kg of 4 sets of 6-8

This is what I choose from, I mix it up abit

1-1st exercise:

-Squats, front squats, hack squats, or deadlifts

3 sets of 5-8 reps

2-Auxilliary exercise

Good Mornings, glut ham raises, weighted hyperextensions, or stiff legged deadlifts

5 sets of 5-8 reps

4-Auxilliary exercise

Leg extensions: 3 sets of 8-10

5- calf raises with dumbells on a step or leg press

5sets of 6-8 reps

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hama what do you think is the best 3 day split of muscle groups? Currently I do; Chest & Tri's, Bi's & Back, Legs & Shoulders

Personally I think that is the best combo.

On legs and shoulders day (because they are such large muscle groups) I would focus on ONLY doing big compound movements, no isolation. These exercises will be the best to hit the major bodyparts

Legs
-Squats (Quads/Glutes)
-Straight Leg Deadlifts (Hamstrings/Lower Back)
-Calf Press (Calves)
-Leg Press (Quads/Surrounding Knee Muscles)
Shoulders
-Seated Dumbbell Press (Rear/Mid/Frontal Delt)
-Standing Barbell Military Press (Rear/Mid/Frontal Delt)
-Shrugs (Traps)
-Standing Bent Arm Dumbbell Lateral Raise (Mid Delts)

Good luck getting up off the toilet and also putting on a t-shirt the next day :D

That would be my optimal scenario on a 3 day split. Take your pick on what you want to do on Chest/Tri's and Back/Bi's night.

Any info to help a guy who is 6'3 and weighing at a whopping 69Kgs would be great :)

Look at the Nutrition Thread and read it.

Basically you need to eat. Lots.
Use the info in the above thread though and calculate it.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
My current Split Chest, Back, Shoulders, Legs and Arms.

Chest:
Laying pull overs x 4 sets
Incline bench x 4 sets
Flat bench x 4 sets
Peck deck x 4 sets
Incline db flys x 4 sets

Back:
Warm up pull-ups x 3-4
Bent over row x 4
Overhead lat pull-over x 4
Lat pulldown x 4
t bar bent over row x 4
Seated cable row wide grip x 4
Dead-lifts x 4

Shoulders: ( when I look at it, I went really crazy with rear delt workouts haha)
Standing smith machine military press x 3
Shoulder press x 3
Incline seated barbell front raise x 3
Bent over dumbell laterals x 3
Behind hend military x 3
Behind head pull down x 3
Bent over lateral machine x 3
Cable rear delt fly x 2
Upright row superset with front bb shrug x 3

Legs:
Squats x4
Straight leg deadlift x 4
Single leg press x 3
Leg extensions x 4
Hamstring curl x 3
Standing smith machine calf raises x 3
Bent leg calf raises x 3

Arms:
Wrist curls x 4 (plus warmup)
Reverse curls x 4 (10 reps wrists bent, 10 reps wrists straight)
Hammer curls x 5
Tricep pushdown x 4 (20 reps of underhand wide grip, 20 reps of overhand close grip)
Overhead tricep raises DB x 4
Close grip bench press x 4
Bb bicep curls x 4
Incline DB curls x 4

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hi all,

I am just wondering about leg presses. with the machine at my gym it is an upright seat and the plate facing you aswell. i was wondering if there is a best way to do it or what.

currently what i am doing is using my heels (working the glutes) to push it. so the top half of my foot is sticking above the plate .

is it best to have your back straight against the seat or are you allowed to have it curved/angled abit?

sorry its very hard to describe and my work doesnt have MS PAINT.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Look at the Nutrition Thread and read it.

Basically you need to eat. Lots.
Use the info in the above thread though and calculate it.

Yeah I have been, Im taking in lots of Protien, carbs and fat. I have been using those weight gaining shakes. I got down to 66Kg three weeks ago. Now Im to a healthier 70kgs as of last night. Thats the most I have even weighed.

I want to get up to at least 75-80kgs then starts doing some weighs and get to a strong athletic build. My goal isn't to be massive but you never know. I have a bad habbit if changing my mind and fogetting to stop.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yeah I have been, Im taking in lots of Protien, carbs and fat. I have been using those weight gaining shakes. I got down to 66Kg three weeks ago. Now Im to a healthier 70kgs as of last night. Thats the most I have even weighed.

I want to get up to at least 75-80kgs then starts doing some weighs and get to a strong athletic build. My goal isn't to be massive but you never know. I have a bad habbit if changing my mind and fogetting to stop.

You're an ectomorph, thus have a very fast metabolism which keeps you naturally skinny and at a low weight. The only way to overcome this is to EAT.

As I said, use the Nutrition Thread and the TDEE calculator. Whatever exercise you do, choose the next option which will further increase your maintenance calorie figure, eat, eat, eat, eat eat. Some resistance training would also help if you don't want to just put on 'fat'.