Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Workout Thread - Questions here on Workouts/Exercises

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
^^^^^^Skips leg day............

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
^^^^^^Skips leg day............

Never skipped a legs day in my life, I just have a naturally bigger upper body in comparison to my lower body...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Never skipped a legs day in my life, I just have a naturally bigger upper body in comparison to my lower body...

Sounds like you need to do more squats :p

'STFU and Squat'

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
An interesting little mobility test is to see how long you can sit in a 'third world squat' (Google it)... My goal at the moment is 10 minutes... Due to a lifetime of lower back issues, my mobility is surprisingly terrible due to muscular imbalances, I just managed to do 4 minutes in a TWS the other day. Actually, since I worked out what issues need to be resolved, I have managed to completely avoid injuring my back for over a year now :).

I also started working on the planche, front lever, L-sits, and backflips... You want core strength? These things are killing me worse than deadlifts and squats ever have :p. This is the website that is my inspiration: http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/building-an-olympic-body-through-bodyweight-conditioning/

I've always had an interest in gymnastics though, and the other day I was sitting at work thinking "Why the hell can't I do backflips on flat ground after all these years?". So yeah, just putting that all out there... I seriously recommend giving some bodyweight gymnastics work a go - you'll probably discover you aren't nearly as strong as you thought you were :)

Jon.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE Series II
Hey fellas,
Just interested in your thoughts on getting a bit bigger but without loosing running speed or endurance. I play football so did not want to impact negatively on my running but will need a bit more upper body strength and size.
cheers.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Swimming is one of, if not the best form of cardio. Right up there with skipping and and cycling and I personally cannot wait till I am back in pool condition because I loved swimming for cardio.

Swimming teaches people how to control their breathing and its very easy to get into a good breathing routine. For a lot of people controlling that is quite hard. Its also a full body workout as well as being extremely low impact.

Skipping is great for posture. You cannot skip slouched over, it promotes good back support and is a killer leg workout as well.

As far as "better than other methods" I spose thats totally up to the individual and how your body reacts. Ive had great success with both. I think that relying on one method is bad and changing it up, say one month doing a more weight based session with a combination of high weight low rep compound lifts as well as low weight high reps and then a month of increased cardio so the body is constantly trying to adapt itself.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Ah i think I might start swimming next week since I just signed up at the gym. Lost 6kg in 2 weeks so far.. 99.2kg at the moment want to aim for 85kg.. should be pretty good for someone who's 5.11"... I currently ride 20k's a day since I have no license then going to do cardio training after work 4 nights a week..

I think i'll fail at swimming, although the best workout i believe as it's not as hard on your body but it's a demanding excercise, I'd die like doing half a lap haha. Not a strong swimmer but I guess you get the hang of it