Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

workshop manual

michael strochano

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
does anyone know if a workshop manual is available for vfssvredline series 11 yet?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
From the day manufacturers started to provide fixed price service, the ACCC gave them an exemption from having to make workshop manuals available for sale. Well that’s what they told me when I rang to complain Holden had no workshop manuals available for sale. Sadly that ment no workshop manuals for pre? VE’s but definitely none of our VF’s.

In ACCC speak, it seems, we have it so good having fixed price dealer service we shouldn’t need to or want to do any work on our own vehicles.

Obviously the ACCC hasn’t spoken to my dealer service department. When I took my MSE in for it’s first inspection last week, the guy behind the counter stated “yeah I wouldn’t want my car washed here, it’s too nice” :eek: and it’s the same guys that changed my rockers :mad:

Last year, the ACCC was looking for public comment on aspects of the motoring industry and their preliminary response is @ http://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/New%20car%20retailing%20industry%20draft%20report.pdf but I doubt much will change since it was the ACCC that provided the exemption from providing the workshop manual in the first instance. Now they say “regulatory intervention is required” to ensure sharing of technical information???? WTF ???? Yet to find the final report o_O

Maybe it would be easier to buy a near enough VF workshop manual from the UK as I think the HSV variants were sold there. But this is not ideal.

If anyone knows where one can buy a genuine Holden complete VF2 workshop manual with an MSE supplement, i’d be very interested in where from and how much :p

ACCC final report @ https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/New car retailing industry final report_0.pdf

Wording has changed a little and it seems more focused on providing workshop info to independent repairers and presumably not individuals... ass wipes :mad:

Last edited:

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Just buy the Delco online access then print to pdf.