Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worried about blue slip

thesuperdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Calais
Hi there

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it is VL

I have 3 commodores I am looking to make 1 from
- VL na series 1 rb30 auto sedan. Car is in good condition with little rust motor and gearbox are no good
- VL wagon V8 (had a tree fall on it and bend the body in the middle has no motor or box
- VK sedan V8. Body is completely rusted engine and trimatic gearbox on stand

So I want to take the V8 components put them in the VL sedan. The motor is 308 with ported VL black heads and is at 363cui with 234/229 flat tappet cam, rollers, pacies, TP dual plane, and Holley 750 vac. Auto is stage 1 trimatic with good bits in it and 2500 stall

Now if I put it all together and take it for blue slip my mechanic tells me emissions etc they wont pass it it has to be original
So how do all you guys with done up VL's get them through or is it a painful matter of having all the external stock componentry on them for blue slip / rego and changing it all back after it passes ???

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I wasted heaps of money on thermal vacuum switches and other stupid emission controls getting old commodores to pass roadworthys some mobs make you put it back to close to factory before they will roadworthy it, none of them test if the emission controls actually work.