Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Worst car maker ever?

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
hmmmm Kia arnt to good, Daihatsu made the hijet which is one of my all time favs, EA Falcon.....lol why cant I not laugh when I say it but then Ford made the GT40 and Capri and Mustang so I cant say Ford. Toyota are industructable but so so so very boring and plain. Holdens only big mistake was the Camira and RB Gemini as for every Commo gotta love em. So yeah id be putting Kia at the top of my list as I just hate everything they have ever done second to that Hyundai

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Has anyone driven a Toyota Landcruiser that is late 70's early 80's vintage...
Some 400,000 kays, rusted chassis, shell shakes like mad at 80km/ph, bulletproof, bloody bulletproof I tell ya!

I had a 1971 FJ40 once. It was fitted with a 350 chev. Would nearly wheel stand and go almost anywhere. Pitty it didn't stop real well. It was a great "beach" car over summer with the roof off it.

Reaper

metalfossil

Reaction score
My vote for the worst car ever is (was) my 4cyl VH 5 speed Commodore. Believe me it was slow. I guess though, after losing my licence 4 times for speeding (I'm talking late 70's early 80's)in my souped up HQ coupe, I finally managed to get off my Ps when I was 27

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Has anyone driven a Toyota Landcruiser that is late 70's early 80's vintage...
Some 400,000 kays, rusted chassis, shell shakes like mad at 80km/ph, bulletproof, bloody bulletproof I tell ya!

They're not bad. Seen two serious failures though. A 40 series that did a water pump in a big way and a 70 series that had a rear half shaft fail. The 40 had to be towed, but the real testament to the never say die attitude of the cruiser is that the fellas in the 70 just removed the remains of the broken axle, chucked it into high 4 and drove 40km back into town as a front wheel drive. They're absolutely horrible, uncomfortable rough as guts, slow heaps of crap. But they'll get you where you're going almost without fail. As long as you don't plan on getting there quickly. (Unusual ones like Reaper's being the exception of course)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I think its called the honda insight.......

Worst... thing... ever....

I never looked at a honda the same way again

Theyre new modles are awesome... but the older ones... and that insight.... ew...

Anyway, I wont add a pic, I'll spare you all from that horror!!! But If you want to subject yourself to the pain, google 'honda insight' :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
SAAAAAAAAAB'S
Even the name sounds S**T!!!

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
I think its called the honda insight.......

Worst... thing... ever....

I never looked at a honda the same way again

Theyre new modles are awesome... but the older ones... and that insight.... ew...

Anyway, I wont add a pic, I'll spare you all from that horror!!! But If you want to subject yourself to the pain, google 'honda insight' :p

what about the subaru vortex ugh!

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
any car company that is more interested in making generic cars for profit rather than building a proper car

and please find me a car company that isnt in it for profit.....

I would have to say either a scoda or lada to be worst cars, poor manufacturing, nasty to get parts and real swines to handle.